Gaenor!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Gaenor!

Here are a couple of questions for everybody and it is all about the INSIGNIFICANT little guy Gaenor(tribunal):

First question: I have tried most of the trciks I know and defeated him after a very long fight. My fingers are still hurting. Did I miss something that can shorten the fight to, let say, 10 shots?

Second questions: From what I read so far, Gaenor has 100% reflect, 700% (?) Luck, a strong armour and perhaps a very high skill in sword fighting. It also seemed to me that he may be magic resistent also. Is there anything I miss?

Note: I read from a faq saying that Gaenor has Luck of 700%. That seems pretty strange, he only has an amulet of +15 luck on him.

Last edited by kingsorel on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:29 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Gaenor!

Gaenor has 255 Luck (plus his amulet). You may verify this with your TES-Construction Kit. Of course, there are two Gaenor-NPCs.
Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:23 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: Gaenor

I am waiting for your contributions.

Allright. I have my own solution. With an enchanted wakizashi 30-80 frost and a couple of health potion, I dispatched the guy in 10-12 blows. So it appears that besides reflect, he does not resist magic based/elemental base weapons.
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:58 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: Gaenor

The question remains. What makes Gaenor so tough? You definitely can't find it in the TES.

I'll give you a few more facts:

- with a weapon like wakizashi/ebony staff and fully enchanted with "damage health"/"absorb health" , It took countless of blows to finished him off (around 150 maybe).

- Spells like fire, damage health, absorb health have very little effect on him. These spells I have designed to have very high powers.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:14 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: re: Gaenor

quote:
Originally posted by kingsorel
You definitely can't find it in the TES.

Yes, you can.

The Gaenor who attacks you is level 50 and has every attribute set to 100, besides luck (255) and strength (155). He has 500 health and 500 fatigue. Heavy armor 100 and blocking 100.
You know, those values, especially his high luck (which results in missfortune for you and your attacks!), match perfectly with your experiences.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:01 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Re: Gaenor

Thanks for posting some facts from TES for everybody to see, But. You probably did not read my second post. From that post, I wrote:

quote:

Allright. I have my own solution. With an enchanted wakizashi 30-80 frost and a couple of health potion, I dispatched the guy in 10-12 blows. So it appears that besides reflect, he does not resist magic based/elemental base weapons.

So, I have to disagree with your last statement.

In fact, I have the answer to the second question . If we look at his TES data sheet, we'll find an item named "Gaenor abilities". It apparently contains some hidden abilities ; Reflect is without a doubt one of them. But I suspect that the other one should be RESTORE HEALTH. This explains why a weapon enchanted with frost worked well, but a weapon enchanted with damage health or absorb health did not work very well.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:08 pm