The Night of The Raven Mage way
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
okiller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Night of The Raven Mage way

Hi everybody again...i intented to play this expansion like gothic2 with main mage character also able to kick some ass with my one handed sword...now i see the things are different i'm at the beginning of chapter 2 and like a 15 level Mage of fire i have 60 mana....(they can pretty soon become 100 cause i have 19 lp for learning the mana bonus potion and 8 king's sorrel) i use the fireball from the 2nd circle of magic and also able to sneak and pick lock and i've 50 str points an fighter with one hand....now my questions:

1 I'm of the circle of water should i play the addon or i should go to the valley?

2 how can i have more powerfull rune from water magicians, like ice lance,?

3 Is now possible to advance in the circle of magic further than 2nd cirle in the 2nd chapter?

4 There's something new for the path of magic in the addon? cause i'seein' pnly weakness in the mage characters

5 What should i do with my black ore...is possible to gain something magic fromt that?

6 Where can i get a good sword for 50 strng points?

7 Can i learn water magicians rune? When and how?

Pls forgive me for so many questions (and posts) but i see that u are all experts of the gothic world and there are not any guide or walkthrough for the mage in the addon....tnx for all the patience u show me and for your answers tnx

P.S.
I don't think i'm going to clear all the orcs (in the cvalley and in korinis already in the second chapter as i was able to do in the classic gothic 2)
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:18 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Re: The Night of The Raven Mage way

quote:
Originally posted by okiller

1 I'm of the circle of water should i play the addon or i should go to the valley?

3 Is now possible to advance in the circle of magic further than 2nd cirle in the 2nd chapter?

4 There's something new for the path of magic in the addon? cause i'seein' pnly weakness in the mage characters

5 What should i do with my black ore...is possible to gain something magic fromt that?

Pls forgive me for so many questions (and posts) but i see that u are all experts of the gothic world and there are not any guide or walkthrough for the mage in the addon....tnx for all the patience u show me and for your answers tnx

P.S.
I don't think i'm going to clear all the orcs (in the cvalley and in korinis already in the second chapter as i was able to do in the classic gothic 2)

first of all welcome to our little corner in the internet

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

1.I'll recommand playing the addon world before going to the valley of mines,Orcs for example are a lot harder this time.Addon world seems to be a bit easier to lowlevel character.Also if you go to the addon world with an overpowered character , there is a danger that the challenge is non-existent by then.

2&7.Water magicians will teach their runemagic, like icelance once you have gone through the portal.Also you must have learned the required circle for each rune.If i remember correctly to learn the ice lance you must know the 2:nd circle.You should defiently buy a runebook (cost 100 gold).It lists all the new runes and explains which ingredients you need to create those runes, like the ice lance .You can get a runebook from the watermagician who trades things.Thought he sells it among other new things only after you gone through the portal.

3.Nope, that is why mage is quite hard to play in NOTR.

4.Allmoust all the runes of watermagicians are quite neat and powerfull.
Aside you are able to gain few cool Beliar runes in the later part of the game.Also if you have noticed you can buy few cool staffs from the monestary,like magic wand(+20 mana) or Ulthar's staff (+4 to 2handedweapons).One of the watermagicians sells staffs as well once you are in the addon world.Also every 50:th black mushroom gives you +5 to mana, and yes it works everytime.Also remember that you gain permanent bonuses from the stone tablets.In addition to that, remember to look for belts, rings and amulets!

5,Actually i don't know.It gives you a weird effect if you'll use it.Maybe someone else could clarify this matter more?

6.OK i'm not 100% sure about this, but i as far as i remember there was a fine sword(+5 bonus to 1:handed weapons, requires 50 strenght, deals 60 damage) on the other side of portal in the addon world.Its quite near the place, where you teleport.
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:13 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: The Night of The Raven Mage way

quote:
Originally posted by okiller

P.S.

Alright here is what I know:

1. First of all, it's Ring of Water. The circle of water are the water mages just like the circle of fire are the fire mages. And second go to the addon-world. It's a lot easier than the VoM. At the end of the addon-story you'll also get a weapon that is very good against orcs.

2. In the addon world they will learn you their water magic. Indeed you will need the right Circle of Magic for it.

3. No.

4. Water mages' runes and Beliar runes. They made the mage-way harder because the community thought the mage was overpowered.

5. No idea, yet. It seems to slow down the surroundings while maintaining your speed. This could give an advantage in battle, because your enemies would hit slower.

6. A merchant, don't know really. Check out the G2 database of the addon part on www.worldofgothic.de

7. Take a look at question 2
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:23 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There is a new balancing mod, that you can find on www.worldofgothic.de. It also makes the mage-part of the game easier. Here is the direct link Clikc here for the balancing mod
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:24 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

The NotR Customizer, is the first sticky post in this fourm of Gothic 2.
It has the ablity to make NotR just like G2 settings, or any settings you like.
I think the only settings it does not change are the lowered potion and ring values.
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95369
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 pm