Usergroups
Armalion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Niin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So, does anyone here have any news about Armalion? It does look great , but it can never come out cause they don`t have a publisher . Don`t know about the gameplay but it sure looks good... with all the terrible games that are published by big publishers i wonder what is the problem (if any) with this game.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:08 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

we post about it every time when news break. But I have no ideas if there will be a publisher. Given what I know about Armalion, it would be a shame if it remains unpublished. I wish I could spare some bucks and become a publisher myself

Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:35 am
kraylore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ARMALION.... can someone here tell me what it would take to see this game come back from the dead.... do the guys who were working on it still control what has been completed. can they finish the game outside of a official development studio if they felt like doing so? it's killing me to have to say goodby to this awesome game with such incredible potential. also... i spend a lot of time looking for great RPG computer games...but i don't claim to know about all of them. if i can not hope to get ARMALION then is there a game very-much like it out there. and another question.... i see IKARION web site says something about the game DEMONWORLD. i can not read german and do not have the dictionary i use to use at work to translate. what does IKARION have to do with this game... and if it was to sell well... could it be a good thing for ARMALION or IKARION? thanks
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:12 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

ARMALION.... can someone here tell me what it would take to see this game come back from the dead....

Yes. Money

do the guys who were working on it still control what has been completed

Yes. They never had a publisher and thus noone to share their (copy)rights with.

can they finish the game outside of a official development studio if they felt like doing so?

Probably. But I think they have all worked very hard on the game before they gave it up. If there would have been a way to rescue the project they would have done it. They couldn't. So I guess there's unfortunately no way to bring Armalion back to life.

if i can not hope to get ARMALION then is there a game very-much like it out there.

That's hard to tell since just about noone was granted an opportunity to play the game. But from the info, screenshots and movies that have been released I think that Dungeon Siege comes close to what Armalion would have offered. Dungeon Siege will be released some time this spring. In case you like the combination of fantasy and strategy you ought to check out the Heroes of Might & Magic series (turn based strategy BTW). If you're looking for Realms of Arkania based computer games you should try to get copies of Blade of Destiny, Star Trail or Shadows over Riva. All three of them make up the Northland trilogy. Part 2 won an RPG of the year award back in 1994. Dated graphics but very intense RP gameplay with a little bit of turn based strategy in combat. Highly recommended but technically way behind (Shadows over Riva, the 3rd and last part of the series was published back in 1996).

i see IKARION web site says something about the game DEMONWORLD. i can not read german and do not have the dictionary i use to use at work to translate. what does IKARION have to do with this game... and if it was to sell well... could it be a good thing for ARMALION or IKARION?

Demonworld is an old strategy game. It's gone budget a long time ago already. Demonworld is unfortunately not going to save Ikarion from breaking apart.

[ This Message was edited by: Moriendor on 2002-01-18 16:33 ]
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:31 pm
kraylore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Moriendor... thanks so much for the response... i see as bad as it looks ...the game has not ended up in a trash bin... and thats real good news to me. i hope someone with a passion for CRPG (individual or corporation) and a big bank account takes a chance and brings this gem to publication some day. theres no dought in my mind it would be a huge success. thanks again
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:23 pm