Cosmic Circle problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sheila
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cosmic Circle problem

I've placed all three of the 3 items needed in Ascension Peak, and I finally found where the Cosmic Circle is located. The problem is that when I got there, I couldn't get into this temple and the Dark Savant didn't appear. What do I do at this point? I had problems before with the map freezing up, so I had to shut down the computer. Unfortunately, the map I uncovered in this area disappeared and I had to explore it again. I was thinking of revisting the 2 temples where I placed the objects previously in hopes of triggering the Dark Savant to appear. Any suggestions?
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:24 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

This needs to be moved to the Wizardry forum...

I'm assuming you meant "3" the second time. Once this gets moved to the right place, otter and Bilbo will have a chance to see it. They might have some ideas. I CAN say that you should check what version of the game you're playing. It's probably 1.2.4, which is the last, latest, and greatest.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:59 am
sheila
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Cosmic Circle problem

Thanks, I didn't realize I posted in the wrong place. I do have the most current version which already has the patch included. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out otherwise I'll have to scratch this game and start over.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:23 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Moved to Wizardry 8 forum.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:36 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I'd strongly consider moving your save files to a safe place and doing a reinstall. It sounds like the file for that zone may have gotten corrupted when you had your crash.

BTW, welcome to the forums and don't worry about the misplaced post. It's not a big deal- you're just more likely to get an answer now.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:59 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for your confidence in me, Dteowner.

@Sheila - First, try Dteowner's solution. It sounds like a good possibility. If it doesn't work, I have two other suggestions:
A) It could be a corrupted savegame file. If you have an earlier save not too far back, try going back to the earlier savegame. Hopefully, you have an earlier save and it's a very recent corruption.
B) Thought: What if you never spoke to Bela earlier? It could be a bug related to the fact that you never spoken to him so he's not trying to meet you there? In which case the solution would be to visit Bela and go back to that point on AP.

Or you may have missed something. I need more details about where you are to know if if you're in the wrong place, if you've forgotten to do somenthing, etc.
1) Did you meet Bela & DS together on AP? (Or if you killed Bela earlier, just the DS?)
2) Did you see the brown loading screen for the cosmic circle?
3) Is the temple you can't enter on AP or in the cosmic circle itself? (I don't know what the building at the cosmic circle actually is; I guess it's a temple.)
4) Did you complete the quest in the Arnika tower? If not, it should take you to a different ending, but I could see some sort of bug occurring here under the right conditions.

If based upon the above questions you think that you're in the wrong location, then here's the link to another thread with a spoiler about where to go next.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13591
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:38 pm
otter
One of Us

I've ascended more than a dozen times without having spoken to Bela.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:54 am