Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
how many max MMOs will you subscribe to?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

How many MMO subscriptions are you willing to pay for concurrently?
1 -- One. I can only devote time to one anyway!
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
2 -- Two. I like to have two games going!
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
3 -- Three. I have diverse tastes!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4+ -- Four or more. I am rich and willing to try everything!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

how many max MMOs will you subscribe to?

How many MMO games subscriptions are you willing to pay for at once?

Me? Well, my budget allows for 2 mmo games subscriptions maximum. I was going to pay for three but after discovering that i cant afford that, i will settle with two. But i wish i could afford to pay for at least three at once. oh well, such is life... I count my blessings instead of nursing my misfortunes...

Meanwhile, in the near future, i will be happy enough with 2 subscriptions, those currently being Everquest2 and Dragon Empires. When Darkfall Online comes out, i will drop EQ2 for it (unless Darkfall beta sucks). Everquest2 is temporary in my book. While Darkfall and Dragon Empires are more or less permanent, unless i dont like either one those, in which case i will find something else! Now that ive told you my life story...

Seriously, there are so many mmo games coming out soon (~2004) that it is time to choose and count yourself lucky. I love having a wide selection. I think its about time we arent going to be stuck with temporary obsessions and be able to choose exactly the kind of game we want to play. Dont you agree? Thats the consumer bonus within the upcoming market.

Diversity is a boon from heaven.
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:02 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

World of Warcraft will be the only MMORPG I will subscribe to. Neversummer is going to be a MMORPG released as a free download for Neverwinter Nights owners, so I will get that too. That way I will have two MMORPGs going, but will only pay money for one!

This is my 200th post. I wonder if it has any signifigance?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:32 am
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am doubtful. I loved the adventure aspect of Everquest when it first came out. But I didn't like the camping, and playing the game of catch-up with my in-game friends. Broken quests, etc..blah.

Not to mention the horrible game play mechanics, that we all know is part of playing an online rpg: The race for the best loot, or the biggest hoard of gold.

There are quite a few new mmorpgs that I would like to try, but I doubt I will like any of them enough to subscribe to more than one at a time. I think the technology of online gaming is great right now, but we have allot to look forward to in the future as far as adventure in online gaming.

Once you have been there, and done that, it gets old even if the graphics, and design are diffrent..
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:58 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I'm going to buy and play probably all of them...but to keep a subscription it has to be really good...and I'm only going to pay for one any single month.
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:29 pm
syakila
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

2 is manageable and anymore would be insane for me with a husband and child.
Post Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:06 pm
Bluestrike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1 is more then enough to keep me bussy.

I made some stats for myself ,
played daoc for 22 months and have a played of 120 day's total (give or take a few hours), that's an average of 4.3 hours a day, not mutch time left to play 2 mmo's or any orther game for that matter

Think Darkfall will be my next.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:20 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Interesting question (sorry to come in here so late but I was gone for the better part of the last 2 weeks....).

For me the answer is 1. Not because of budget, as I could easily aford to pay subscriptions for 2, or maybe even 3, but time. I guess I could devide my time between 2 mmorpgs, but I don't think it would be very wise anyway. I would rather spend the most time I can on one game instead of spreading it on two. Also, it keeps my options open for a few good single player games, because I find it important to stay connected with the good single player titles. It often offers a nice counter-point to what mmorpgs usually don't, or can't provide.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:24 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I too, tend just to play one MMROPG at a time. Like Ekim, I generally keep a single player on the go as well. They definitely offer a style of gameplay and depth that no MMROPGs to date offer. Single player games lack that social/community element ( naturally !) though , and thats what I like a fix of now and again .
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:31 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Well, I know that currently I have no possibility to play MMoRPGs, but I plan to subscribe to a max of 2 - I am planning on World of WarCraft for sure, and I am think for a 2nd one, if by the time I have means of playing, WoW is nowhere in sight for coming out. A possible 2nd one is EverQuest 2, but I am not entirely sure, as I think Dragon Empires would also be fun.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:44 pm
Altre
eep
eep

My answer is 0.

I realised how much money I've wasted on mmorpg's, only to be dissapointed.
My poor wallet would be hundreds of dollars richer, and I'd be happier for it too.

I'm broke due to the fact that I spend all my cash on pens and paper. It's not funny. I need food, and that whole 'place to live' thing is way beyond me.
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:39 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Ive had a change of plans. I will be concurrently playing six MMORPGs in the near future. Here they are:

-- Darkfall Online
-- Dragon Empires
-- Everquest2
-- Sigil Games Online project
-- Trials of Ascension
-- Ultima X Odyssey

Happy gaming!
Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:22 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Whats up donkey? How are you going to mention a game and not give us fat lazy bastards a link?

Sigil Games Online Project <-- Comon, you can't expect me to go to google and do a search...whats the link...whats the link...whats the link?
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:13 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Yo Kiff!

here are the links:

Sigil Games Online at www.sigilgames.com

also Trials of Ascension at www.shadowpool.com

none of these are out yet (but soon i hope!)
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:29 am
Lord_Brownie
High Emperor
High Emperor

A few months ago Ekim suggested the idea of hourly rates for MMRPGS, which I was against. However, if a number of games did have hourly rates, I could switch what games I am playing daily or weekly! In that case I might switch out between a few games monthly.
LB
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:52 am