View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Rage16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

haveing problems launching Obvilion...

hi
im having a problem with running obvilion... i try to launch the game and i get this thing :

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2820/untitled5ns.jpg

i get it over and over again .. tried to restart - didnt worked...
tried to change settings and things - didnt work either...
what should i do ?

is there a chance it's because of the graphic card? if it is it would have say something else .. like not supporting this card or something but not this kind of error right ?

what should i do ?

thanks!
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:22 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ouch, that's not very helpful is it!

You might be able to get some idea of what's causing the problem from the "click here" link - it may even give you the name of the DLL that caused the issue.

Crashes like that are hard to resolve. Yes, it could easily be a graphics issue. It could be some malware that is interfering with Windows. It could be a bug in your drivers that Oblivion is hitting, or it could be a bug in Oblivion that only occurs with your drivers.

If rebooting doesn't fix it, try reinstalling Oblivion. If that doesn't work, contact Bethesda support (who will likely suggest reinstalling Windows).
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:05 pm
Rage16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

damn, well thanks for helping ...
but if ill show u here a picture of the details like u said, will it be helpful for you or someone to try and help me ? because i dont understand nothing in those things...
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:55 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sure, we can give that a go!
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:39 pm
Rage16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm something with the windows serial ? :S
thats wierd...
what do you say?

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5264/untitled7kj.jpg
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:14 pm
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, I get that exact same error message about 75% of the time when I shut down Oblivion (only when I choose Exit game completely...not going to main menu first). So that's a fairly useless message.

But I read that the game doesn't like HP printer drivers running in the background. If you have that kind of printer try disabling the dirvers (or temporarily uninstalling them) and see if that helps. Hell, I'd try it with *any* printer drivers you have to see if it works. No idea why it's a problem with the HP drivers but why not give it a try?

I also had a problem with Gothic 2 Gold not being able to start at all. I had to uninstall my firewall to get it to run. Odd since the game doesn't even try to connect to the internet. But simply disabling my firewall would not work...I had to actually uninstall it. After doing that it ran just fine every time. So maybe try uninstalling any firewall you have (or antivirus).

None of these things *seem* like obvious problem causers but they can be. You might try other things to uninstall as well (like anti-spyware programs in the background, etc...although I have ad-aware, spybot & spywareblaster going and they don't conflict with Oblivion).

Uninstall each thing 1 at a time and see if the game will start up. If it starts then you know it was whatever you uninstalled causing the problem. If it doesn't start just reinstall whatever you removed and try the next thing.

But yes, if your graphics card is not on the list of supported cards...this might be the problem. I'm not 100% sure but I think the game requires a card that has pixel shader 2.0 support.
Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:50 pm
Rage16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm thanks for trying to help me...
i know about the HP drivers problem, not for me because i dont use hp printer or anything else, its installed on another computer on my home network.
its probably the graphic card..
i think im going to buy a new one and try it again .. i wont install everything over again just becuase of this, altough i waited for this game so much time .. SO MUCH TIME...
anyway, thanks again..
btw where are you from ? majnun ? XD
Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:07 pm