Why dont merchants have more money?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why dont merchants have more money?

After i looted about every chest in the old camp, includind the big tower where u can get a buttload of stuff and money, my inventory is quite full.

I have like 5000 ore nuggets, 11k in coins( does coins actually serve a purpose in the game???)

More skins,rings and amulets and other stuff that i can ever sell. Traders dont even have more money from chapter to chapter.

Will i even need all that money in chapter 4-5-6?
If not then it kinda blows. In G2 it was less drastic. Now it just reminds me of Morrowind where i had like a million coins and nothing to spend it on.
Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:55 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hate to tell you but the gold coins are useless rememnants of the world outside the barrier.

You are right, you end up with much more than you need towards the end. I personally enjoyed collecting stuff, hoping to have a nest egg if I broke out.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:09 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

The real reason i guess is this bug, When you get knocked down adn robbed by someone, then you go and knock him down and take your money again. You find it doubled.
Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:35 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well the whole reason is that it is a prison colony.
You only need to keep quest items and whatever you want, otherwise just get the nicest item in the merchants inventory then trade tons of junk for it.
Personally I got to a point where I try get ride of everything I dont need, by being aware threw the whole game.
I cant recall but I think it is possible that I never used Ore to buy anything I tried to just use the junk I picked up.
Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:21 pm