CoH: City of Villains Announced!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dialogue
Mountain King
Mountain King

CoH: City of Villains Announced!

NCSoft lets the cat out of the bag regarding what everyone's been waiting for: Villains! <br> <br><a href=http://www.plaync.com/about/press_release_042304.html>Press Release Here</a>. <br> <br><blockquote><em> <br>Want to play the bad guy in Paragon City? You'll get your chance in Cryptic Studios' City of Villains , currently under development and to be shown in limited play at E3. While City of Heroes ( www.cityofheroes.com ) is ready for an April 28 launch, Cryptic developers already are working on the first major expansion to the game that will allow players to take on the role of villain in Paragon's modern metropolis. Turn the tide on all the heroes and heroines and lead your crime syndicate into battle in the impressive 3D backdrop of Paragon City .</em></blockquote>
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:25 pm
madgnome
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great News!

This is really good news. I can hardly waiti for the CoH pre-order launch this Sunday @noon.

I had a blast playing the CoH beta; which is something I could not say about any other MMORPG beta (Lineage2; SWG; Horizons; AO; AC2; et al.)

I had been ambivalent about even trying it in beta, but since I'm waiting (probably indefinitely) to get in the WoW beta, I gave it a try. While being a beta, it showed a polish and robustness I hadn't experienced even in released games. Cryptic did a great job of keeping the beta community informed as well.

--Madgnome
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:39 pm

It might be polished, but to me it seems a little too shallow to be expected to pay extra for adding bad guy PCs ... but hell, most MMPOGs suck so if it is at all a decent game they can charge for pretty much everything and still make money Paying monthly for a game which in essence doesnt even need to be massively multiplayer turns me off though ... so Ill wait to see if they will add more gameplay before giving it a try.
Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:52 am

mrbandersnatch

It IS rather lacking in content atm HOWEVER this is one game that is capable of real growth via the expansions. Crytic have put together an *exceptionally* (by current MMORPG standards) polished game for release and by the time we see a couple of expansions it may well prove to be one of the best MMORPGs out there.

Seriously recommended.
Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:55 am