FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind FPS optimizer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
REDF0X

Nope, I just tried it across the asle here and got nothing again, you guys still getting anything?
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:07 am

Swift Wind

Please

Please if someone else sees what i am post it cause right now even though i cant prove it i would like to see other people who its working for, cause it doesnt matter to me whether yall believe it or not eheh i see it. I switched to my Xp computer which i only use for work to see if it would work and i am unable to make the same performance boost come to apply on XP. So it is a 98 thing at least 98 SE is what i am using .
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:15 am

Farawy Ghoste

It seems to work on XP for me

As far as I can tell, this works fine on XP. I am impressed. I was skeptical, but I too have lost almost all stuttering. What is even better, though, is that it seems to keep me near full distance rendering most of the time, only dropping me to shorter distances when it needs to -- I think it is related to the number of NPCs on screen.

Before I had to keep the rendering distance fairly short to avoid the stutter (on a GF4 Ti 4200). Now I don't worry about that and I get to enjoy the full abilities of the rendering engine. I now enjoy wandering through the wilderness just to get the effect of coming upon a city from a distance.

Kudos to Stasenko!
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:44 am

Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

No 404 for me, but when I tried to ruin it, I got the following mssg:
quote:
Morrowind process was found but NOT validated.
This can happen because of:
1) Morrowind process was just launched. So wait until Bethesda logo.
2) Your Morrowind FPS optimizer is out-of-date. Please, visit www.morrowind.nm.ru for update.
3) Something wrong . Please, e-mail me to morrowind@nm.ru.

I tried launching it both before and after MW. I've got a Win ME system

Too bad, it looks like a brilliant idea. Glad it's working for some folk.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:55 am
Swift Wind

Just let it run

Just let it run it will validate at the Bethesda Logo behind the Morrowind Game you wont see it but it will
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:30 am

I too downloaded it and tried it, however it also said not validated. I ALT-Tabed back to windows while i was in the game to see if it validated and it didn't. I also run a windows ME system. Shame, its a good idea to regulate frame rates and in game settings.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:13 am

I am using windows ME as well. Doesn't matter what order I run the programs, or the settings of the optimizer, nothing happens in game.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:59 am

Swift Wind

Solution

It seems that this only works with the no cd safedisk crack but the author is currently making one for the morrowind.exe. I use the crack so until the morrowind.exe original version is made get the crack first.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:09 am

Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's not it. I've had the no-cd crack since the day it came out.

I really hope the author manages to fix this one. It is v.1.0, after all, and it sounds like it's working for some folk. So I'll keep my eye on it, and try again when he updates it.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:34 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

For me, it validates ONLY on the original exe, NOT on the crack (I am running CE). But even if it validates, it does nothing. No improvements, no view distance changes.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:36 am
Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried the origninal EXE und 2 different cracked ones. But as Merkin said, I always get the message "Morrowind process was found but NOT validated."

@Farawy Ghoste: Are you sure it works an WinXP for you (ergo you don't get the above message)?

EDIT: Here´s what the athor says about it

quote:
It seems to be a common problem on WinXP (better memory protection).
I really test my program on Win98 only.
WinXP version maybe developed later (then I install it
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:55 am

Can someone mirror the file? I'm having no luck downloading this thing from http://www.morrowind.nm.ru/
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:56 am

REDF0X

I'm getting errors from your server as well.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:16 pm

Farawy Ghoste

Is it really working on XP?

Now I am not so sure it was really working for me, given other poster's experiences.

I never saw anything in the message window that said anything other than the "Morrowind process was found but NOT validated.", etc. message. However, I assumed that it simply spit this error out during the startup and then later just quietly attached and began working.

Does anyone know if there is an in-game method to positively verify that it is on or off?

As far as the improvements I (thought I) saw, I can now say that I no longer notice much difference -- if any. This leads me to believe that it never really changed at all, but I just happened to hit a good spot performance-wise. I moved around a bit in Vivec and then walked to Pelagiad and experienced only a couple of very short slow-downs during that time (about an hour of play.) I am still a bit confused as to how it could have worked so smoothly for an hour when that is not my normal experience.

Anyway, that is an update on my experience with this to date.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:09 pm

astasenko

if you want to know about activity of Morrowind FPS optimizer just Alt-Tab
to it during the game. If it says that Morrowind process is validated - then it is working.
Also if you can use key binds (maximize Render Distance toggle; and you activate auto mode) then the program is working for sure.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next