Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Of Bennet, Dragon eggs and spiffy new armor.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Of Bennet, Dragon eggs and spiffy new armor.

Here is my situation. I have scoured every cave in the new world and brought Bennet every egg I could find. I am just wondering how many eggs it will take before he sells heavy dragon hunter armor.

I found one egg in the valley of mines in the ice dragons den and about 13 or so in the new world. All have been turned in to Bennet and still no armor.

So how many does it take and if you can recall any odd locations of eggs please let me know. I searched about half of the caves in Khorinis in the southern half of the map before realizing that some of the eggs aren't actually in the caves that the lizardmen guard, but can also be around the entrance. I found one off in a patch of foliage around the corner from a cave entrance. It's that cave where you swim north up the river from the monastary after jumping off the bridge into the small lake, get out of the water at the road where the tramp was where the road goes up and around the hill to where that stone golem was, but instead of going up that winding road from the where the tramp was, you go straight and to your right a bit. It's the cave that had the shadow beasts in it.

Anyway, are there anymore caves with tricky to find eggs in them? I really don't feel like playing easter egg hunter after pumping 70 hours into this game so far. I love it, but I need my life back...

EDIT: While I'm here, where is Ur-Shak? In chapter 5 or 6?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:11 am
Lestat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

k, i found this egg in this one place where you might not have found, go to Xardas's tower, go down to the li'l lake in front of it and go into the cave to the right, follow it down till you get into the forest where you found lester, then go all the way to the end of the forest and it will be guarded by lots of lizard men, kill them all and look behind a grave uhhh, thingy, and there's a egg. hope this one helps, its the only one i've found so far in the new world.

tell me if this helps

-Lestat (the almighty)
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:27 am
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Alright, I just read somewhere else that as a dragon hunter you can find 14 eggs total before chapter six. 13 in the new area and 1 in the old area. If you are pally or mage you can only find that one that you found and no more.

Can I buy my eggs back from Bennet since they are useful for other things?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:03 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ur-Shak is standing atop a cliff above one of the mining camps (the one with the guy who's going crazy because of the snappers, and the other guy who asks you to lead him out of the Valley of Mines) in the old world.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:53 am
mallow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Whereever did you get the idea you needed dragon eggs for the new armor? I have the new armor and have only collected around 3 eggs ... are you collecting them to make money, or something?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:52 pm
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by mallow
Whereever did you get the idea you needed dragon eggs for the new armor? I have the new armor and have only collected around 3 eggs ... are you collecting them to make money, or something?

Lee says that Bennet might be able to make new armor out of the eggs.

Anyway. I guess you can make a plus 15 stats potion out of ten dragon eggs, a black pearl and sulfur, but I've already got 11 kings sorril/dragon roots so I should be fine.

And I guess you can buy the eggs back either.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:59 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

eggs=useless, got it?
hvy dragon hunter armor youll find out about if you check out xardas' tower and talk to lester and find the sectre library in the monastary
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:18 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm.. useless in Chapter 5, yes, but if you hang on to them untill you reach Chapter 6, you will be able to make 2 dragonegg-potions instead of 1, giving you +15 strength.

If you want them back, beat up Bennet at night, and use the oblivion spell on him.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:57 pm