Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can I turn this SH*T OFF?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I am sick of all this fu*kin garbage talk in the background while venturing through the camps. If you have no idea what I am speaking of then perhaps this will refresh your memory; "I'm not going to listen to all that blathering anymore." Or how bout this, "You shouldn't believe everything you here!" If you don't find this the least bit annoying after hearing it over a hundred times each time you arrive at a camp, you desperatly need help. Anyway, is there any way in hell that I could delete this annoying piece of crap? Perhaps theres a file I can delete which would get rid of just the talking between the NPC's? I've been playing the game for over 40 hours and I just can't take it anymore. I would really like to avoid killing all the NPC's in the camp if theres another way I can go about turning this annoying feature off. I appreciate any help.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:47 pm

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

well...they way you're talking looks to me you desperatly need help, i don't mind it at all...i hang around the camps alot, i don't find it annoying at all...
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:51 pm

I bet you love to masterbait in your own feces. The fact that you enjoy hearing the same sentence being said over a million times tells me that you were either dropped on your head while you were a baby or your just a complete freak of nature. Everyone please don't get me wrong, I love this game very much. All I am asking is if there is a way that you can get rid of this annoying sh*t.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:06 pm

Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

In system folder find gothic.ini file and do following change.
[GAME]

subTitles=1
; ... choose if you want to see windows with spoken words (1) or not (0), default is 0

Then turn off volume.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:19 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Folks, I don't like the tone of some messages here. To much cursing. I'd ask you to keep it nice and easy on these boards.

Anonymous isn't really anonymous here. At least not for those who have a registered username as well (hint). The person in question received a personal mail (another hint).

I am serious about that.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:53 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah, that anomymous person who responded on my message is crazy..i mean where is he getting all that crap from...he must be really a fool and insane to say stuff like that without a reason at me...
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:23 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:

On 2002-02-17 16:06, Anonymous wrote:
Everyone please don't get me wrong, I love this game very much. All I am asking is if there is a way that you can get rid of this annoying sh*t.

With replies like that, everyone get you wrong!
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:09 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

Anonymous isn't really anonymous here. At least not for those who have a registered username as well (hint). The person in question received a personal mail (another hint).

That was my first thought, either the return of red, or a resurgence of spoon. You would think that even people like them would have SOMETHING better to do. I can't see how such behavior would be entertaining, and it most certainly isn't productive.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:07 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Another way....
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:56 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

the user in question was (is) a semi active user here. His other postings (app. 30) are polite and nice. His anonymous postings are, well, not

He hasn't posted since I wrote a personal mail to him. I didn't ban him nor delete him. I just told him that I don't appreciate this behaviour. I will keep his identity private. Everybody has a right to misbehave from time to time

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:07 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Hear that? He said it's ok! Let's tip cars and set fires in trashcans!

*later*

RPGDOT VIRTUAL RIOT CLAIMS LIFE

Reuters -- In one of the most bizzare cases of cybercrime, a registered user of RPGDot was found dead at work.

"I don't get it." says a co-worker. "One minute he was fine, and the next minute he was setting fires in the office wastebaskets."

Eyewitnesses claim that the user didn't see the Fed Ex guy come in and slammed into the back of the open door hard enough to fall backwards out an open window.

"I didn't see him at all." Claims the Fed Ex worker.

Memorial services will be held on the 22nd of February at an undisclosed church.

"People with too much time on their hands... they're dangerous." A co-worker who wished to remain anonymous was heard to proclaim.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:13 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Noway Rend...

I believe that those of us that are honest and loyal deserve to know who this guy is, so that his ignorance can be ignored when he turns off his Mr. Hyde routine.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:17 pm
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Woo hoo! we can misbehave until we get a note from the teacher! ::

Darnalak,
The Necromancer
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:17 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-19 16:17, Darnalak wrote:
Woo hoo! we can misbehave until we get a note from the teacher!

No, you can misbehave until the teacher looks, then you stop.

Though I do not condone this method of avoiding punishment at school, it is most entertaining to watch when they don't realize the teacher is standing behind them as they try to um... run their extortion business.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:22 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

"You can't believe everything you here"
"I 'm not listening to all this blathering anymore"

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next