Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Please use the EDIT button.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:36 pm
Wolfgarou
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

lol! You're right konny666. I didn't realise there was a chest. I think replay the game again 'slowly' (maybe starting again from SoU) to see all the stuff I missed
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:36 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Even with patch 1.61. you can't join a server hosted by someone with the game installed, but they can join a non-HOU server. Discovered that yesterday, when I tried.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:13 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by konny666
Oh, and I played with the same char from SoU because I'm an old schooler who likes the idea of character progression/development... i hate just creating someone and levelling him up all the way to 15. It's like robbing someone of their life history. i get more satisfaction from building characters up to lvl15 by playing them.

I hear you on this and agree 100%. I am giving myself a copy of HotU as a Xmas present from my wife (I saw it on sale in the States for $25 or something, called up my wife, told her NOT to get it for me, I'd found it for a rock bottom price), and can not wait to continue the story of my hero from SoU. He finished up a mixed Fighter/Paladin type ... quite impressive, especially armed w/ the nasty holy avenger (waddya mean I have to give it up!!). I can not wait to start in on the story ....
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:18 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I bought HotU tonight as a present from the kids (they always know just what I want...), but I think I'm going to do something weird and leave it boxed up for a bit. I played SoU multiplayer, but I think I'll create a character and slog thru it and then roll that character right into HotU.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:38 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Waiting 3-4 weeks before installing the latest and greatest BioWare stuff is always a good idea... while HotU Retail itself didn't have any terrible bugs, the 1.60 update really screwed a lot of people. 1.61 seems to be working ok (i.e. at least as good as 1.59) but there's still about 10-15 noticeable bugs in the game (apparently Improved Invisibility is now broken, which sucks because my Mage/Thief's life depends on it).
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:35 am
corwin

Game still not available here (sold out in 1 day, none back in stock yet). Question, I gather you can take your SOU char into HOU, what about your original OC char from NWN? I couldn't be bothered spending $50 for SOU (Still the price here.)

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:09 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I would think you can take any character you wish. The campaign kicks you up to level 15 if you aren't already there. Story-wise, the events of SoU lead right into the events of HotU, which might sway the opinion of the "true roleplayers" out there.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:33 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You can take any character you want into HoU. If its too low level, you'll get upped to 15 (or something like that). I dont think anything happens to you if you're too "high level". Putting a million checks and penalties into the character import process would be silly; if a player wants to have a good balanced game of HotU, they know what they need to do. No need to for BW to constantly cater to the lowest common denominator.

--

However, the STORY itself is a direct continuation of SoU. Apparently, a lot of people don't understand that, or are upset with it. Well, too bad. Its a continuation of SoU, and that's that.

I'm glad it doesn't continue the original official campaign, that was a load of crap anyways. I guess its only taste-less people who want it to be a continuation of the first OC.
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:38 pm
zeph
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm thinking of getting HotU but have been put off by requirements. my computer is getting on and I've only got a radeon VE (64 MB ) graphics card. the main game plays ok. Is it time to bite the bullett and upgrade or not. My processor is a 1.4 Athlon Thunderbird.

hope you can help.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:10 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Zeph,

I don't know what the Radeon VE (64mb) is, but I have a feeling its faster than my video card. Here is my system config:

CPU: AthlonXP 1700+ (1470mhz)
Vid: GeForce256 DDR (geforce1) with 32mb (almost 3.5 yrs old!)
Ram: 512mb DDR

Basically, HotU is playable at 1024x768. In many instances I wish it was faster though. House interiors and "daytime" exteriors are much faster than night-time exteriors.

Its possible that your system might struggle with NWN more than mine since you have an ATI video card. NWN is OpenGL and contains some nvidia-specific optimizations... which is probably why I'm still using my video card at all. ATI users generally have more problems (crashes, weird textures). I never have any.

I guess you might be able to get by at 800x600 with most graphics options off, but if you have the cash get a better video card. Something by Nvidia preferably. Even a Geforce3 Ti200 will make things nice for you.
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:02 am
zeph
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks. The VE is a cut down version of the Radeon which Gateway supplied when I bought my machine, I think it is on a par with the 7000. I guess it is time to upgrade my card . I'll look at Nvidia as you suggested and mayby get a GF 4 Ti possibly a 4200/4600.
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:12 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Hmm. I never even thought to check for newer requirements on HOTU. NWN works flawlessly on my system. SOU works flawlessly on my system. I didn't even consider that Hoardes might not.

guess I'll see.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:10 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Xen, I doubt your system is much slower than mine. For multiplayer (online) usage, the CPU doesn't matter as much since the server handles most "computing" so its just the video card on your end. For singleplayer (campaign) then having a slow CPU will probably hurt since your computer is doing everything.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:19 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

My 512 megs of ram are SD, not DDR.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2