Concecrated Sword
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Metal_Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Concecrated Sword

Is that sword any good?I mean it costs 7000 gold and it has only 70 attack(one handed),while the orc slayter has 65. Does it have any other kind of damage,e.g magical? Will i get a better weapon anywhere?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:27 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Concecrated Sword

quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Warrior
Is that sword any good?I mean it costs 7000 gold and it has only 70 attack(one handed),while the orc slayter has 65. Does it have any other kind of damage,e.g magical?

No.

quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Warrior
Will i get a better weapon anywhere?

The ore blade is the best sword a paladin can have, once it's upgraded to its highest level.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:45 am
kilmar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Once you upgrade, it becomes 80 dmg, which I believe is the 2nd highest 1Hander in the game.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:36 pm
Ishamael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by kilmar
Once you upgrade, it becomes 80 dmg, which I believe is the 2nd highest 1Hander in the game.

If thats true then pls tell what the highest damage 1Hander is lol
I think I went pretty much everywhere exept the Island ... tell me which and where you got it !!!
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:03 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ishamael
quote:
Originally posted by kilmar

If thats true then pls tell what the highest damage 1Hander is lol

Ore Dragon Slayer. It's for dragon hunters only, so don't worry about it until you're choosing the other path for the next game.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:17 pm
Metal_Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Will i upgrade again the Concecrated Sword during the game?Or its just a waste of money?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:53 pm
Lestat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

u consecrate your sword 2 times in the from what i've completed, if you can do it a thierd time i have'nt gotten there yet

PS, get 2 hander, trust me, more power, get up 100 attack after second consecration, and u have to train 2 handers even if your only upgrading 1 handers cause, thats how they made it
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:20 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Lestat
PS, get 2 hander, trust me, more power, get up 100 attack after second consecration, and u have to train 2 handers even if your only upgrading 1 handers cause, thats how they made it

I think the onehanders work fine. I am in ch4, have 110 str, 70% in one-handed and I dish out damage like no other. No problems whatsoever
with orcs, elites, dragons and what's more..
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:10 am
Lestat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i just saying, two hander will get you more power in the future.

Think smart, shop S-Mart
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:44 am
Ondar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm in chapter 1 and I have found Dragon Slayer sword somewhere (I don't know if it was in a cave with two shadow wariors or if it was on top of that strange pyramid). I'm level 18 but I don't have enough strength to wield it (is it 80 str? I don't have the game handy to have a look).

So can I wield the Dragon Slayer even if I'm not a dragon hunter (I have still not decided which guild to join)?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:07 pm
Yossi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Dragon Slayer is in the cave with the shadow warriors.
You can use it even if you are a paladin.

Level 18 before choosing a guild? wow!!!

At one point I had 60 in both single and two-handed weapon, a 80/80 two handed, and a 65/65 one handed. I found out that I got better results from the one-handed, because it's more responsive (quicker), and I can move it left to right quickly enough to keep enemies from getting to me. The extra 15 damage was simply not worth the hit-points I was loosing.
I guess this is a subjective thing.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:19 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Some spoilers below perhaps:

By the way, how/when/where do you join any guild anyway? I am a merc right now, level.. 17 or 18 as well, and that's that. Well, I did "join", sort of, the thieves, but when/where/how can I become a dragonhunter?

As for the sword, what you get from the old "tomb" like cave, it's called Dragon Slicer. Weaker version of that dragon hunter sword. It has 80 damage and requires 80 strength. Pretty good sword actually by the time you can get it, although most probably you can't use it still for some time, as will need more STR.

Paladins consecrate (or whatever it was called) their sword twice. After the first time, it will become 80 and requires 50 STR, this will cost you 5000 gold. Second time you do it, it becomes 100 damage and requires still 50 STR, I think. This will cost you 7000 gold. In any case, if you're a paladin, better do it, as it's the best sword you can get, no matter if you're 1H or 2H user. And yes, these are the second best weapons in the game, as the Dragon Hunter gear is better. Once I finished the game, I took the liberty to check out those weapons and the Ore Dragon Slayer or whatever it was called, had 110 damage, for example.

However, you CAN wield those weapons while being ANY guild member or "class", as long as you have the required STR. These weapons, and armor as well, is NOT limited to your guild, when it comes to wielding or wearing those. Simply as a paladin, you CANNOT get the Dragon Hunter armor or weapons, that's all. It's verified
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:58 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Lestat
i just saying, two hander will get you more power in the future.

True, but I've tried both and I ended up sticking with my 1 hander. I just love the speed advantage. I get a kick out of getting in 3 to 4 swings before my opponent with a 2 hander gets in just 1. I think the speed factor more than makes up for slight loss of damage.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:35 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

consentrating the sword cost 5000 not 7000...
in chapter 5 you will get the tears of innos and you will be able to consetrat the sword again...
do it now cos its the best sword apaladin can get...
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:41 pm