View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

May I say something?

ok no mounts
What I have to say is that they will have to implement them in g4, or else...
Since g1 i have wondered where are the transportation means, like carriages pulled by horses. In g2 there were some vehicles at the Onar's farm wich looked like things possibly pulled by people, but also by horses.
Yet, I wonder, what are the people transporting things with (apart from ships) Who did the ore transporting from the Valley of Mines? The slaves? I haven't seen any. Technically, it would be impossible for a society with such a grade of development, to get there without horses (they don't seem to have invented steam engines or something like this, even in Khorinis Harbor there are some cannons:)), except if in Myrtana are no such animals like horses, donkeys, camels etc.
What army is an army without cavalry? The Roman Army was one, but they have used horses for scouts. King Rhobar's army must have horses; I understand, they have magic ore, magicians, paladins and stuff, but they surely need fast units. What do they use to send a message on the battlefield? Teleport? Runners? I don't think so.
I'm not a big Morrowind fun (in fact I love Gothic), but look: even if the hero can't use horses, there are beasts of burden: the guars and the silt striders.
So far, I haven't played a great game which uses horses properly. There must be a game to use them, so why not be Gothic 4 the one?...Please...
Post Wed May 03, 2006 10:11 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: May I say something?

quote:
Originally posted by landlord
What I have to say is that they will have to implement them in g4, or else...

Or else... probably nothing.

quote:
I understand, they have magic ore, magicians, paladins and stuff, but they surely need fast units. What do they use to send a message on the battlefield? Teleport? Runners? I don't think so.

Why use a horse when you can teleport to almost all places in the world?!

quote:
So far, I haven't played a great game which uses horses properly. There must be a game to use them, so why not be Gothic 4 the one?...Please...

Maybe that's the big issue. PB already spent quite some time working out the horses idea and they didn't use it after all, because it would take too much time to implement it right.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 8:04 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Re: May I say something?

quote:
Why use a horse when you can teleport to almost all places in the world?!

In gothic games we haven't seen any other forms of transportation than ships. How do people move goods on land? Do they simply carry them from a place to an other or what? I think teleport magic is not the answer here. As far as i've understood, those teleport runes are not the most common thing to be found. Maybe only mages and other important people can afford and are even trained to use such items. Can you imagine some farmer using a telport rune to move a heap load of vegetables to a marketplace? I can't.

Besides there are carts all over khorinis. Its quite a reasonable assumption that they must use some type of animals to move those carts. Maybe scavengers or wolves?
Post Thu May 04, 2006 9:12 am
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yet still, everyone who possesses one is dying to hand em over to the nameless dude.

And how do theyu transport their goods? In their inventories of course! I went from Onars' to the city carrying 100 plain swords and it didnt even feel heavy.

Answer: People in gothworld have tiny magic backpacks that have endless capacity.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 12:14 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

And how do theyu transport their goods? In their inventories of course! I went from Onars' to the city carrying 100 plain swords and it didnt even feel heavy.
Answer: People in gothworld have tiny magic backpacks that have endless capacity. [/quote]

Of course u can carry as much item. If u say it isn't relative, what do u think what is relative? maybe 2 or 3 plants and 1 sword and a crossbow or a bow, and that's all HORSES> I think the problem is that hey want to finish it quickly, and i thinkthey've tried it, but they didn't spend enough time on it. But really if they finish gothic3, they'll make some expansions/i think/ and what then? If they finish gothic3, it'll finish this story.... /i love this all / Then i donno what they'll do, maybe they'll start another game, maybe not. /BTW i have some private ideas how to make gothic better after gothic3 / So if they don't make this maybe in an expansion...
Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:24 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

A shot from Gothic 1:

Post Sat May 06, 2006 9:23 am
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What do u mean? They used this animals in Gothic 1 as beasts of burden? As far as I remember, this animals were called bitters and were some kind of ferocious scavengers found in the orc lands.
Post Mon May 08, 2006 5:16 am
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Biters were the critters blocking your way while the Razors woke up..
Post Mon May 08, 2006 12:29 pm
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Right, I remember the valley on the way to Free Mine, full of Razors.
What I mean is that I'm 100% sure that I haven't seen any bitter in the "civilized" areas of Gothic 1.
Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

As the humans orcs had their own animals. Only on the orclands there were biters /from scavangers/ and orc dogs /from wolves/. I mean these were the only animals what could only be found in the orclands.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 3:24 pm