RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Enrico79
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best Circle 3 spell(s)

Im a fire magician with the spells fire arrow / fireball
Fireball is o.k. but not that great..
So what spells should i get in circle 3? iceblock and summon skeleton?
Ive tried summon skeleton ...I summoned 3 skeletons to kill a seeker..but they all died in 1 hit. So maybe i should get iceblock also.

What are the best spells in circle3 anyways?
And what about circle4,5,6?

Gr.

Enrico
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:14 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

About your last question first: There are three spell scrolls you should be on the lookout for during the game......AND DON'T WASTE THEM! You'll want to be able to create a rune with them. Wave of Death, Army of Darkness, and Rain of Fire. You should find more than one Rain of Fire, but be SURE to save one to create a rune.

You defintely want Ice block......nothing more to be said. It is the handiest early rune. You can use it and beat the toughest enemies.

There are two spells scrolls with the same name( :/ :\ )of lightning One does 75 damage, the other 150 damage. Two casts and the 150 will take out just about anything.

Ball lighting is a decent spell for circle three also.

You should decide what type game you want to play as a mage. You can choose to be a "summoner" or use normal magic as your offense. It is hard to get enough LP's to master both....and it would be overkill anyway. If you want the easiest path, choose summoner. They do all the dirty work for you while you stand there sipping mana potions and summoning more help if needed.

If you get the three runes made I first mentioned, the game is a cakewalk. A couple of army of darkness will clear out any area. Rain of Fire in combination with a speed potion can destroy vast areas. And Wave of Death is simply overkill on steroids.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:32 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Are you playing NotR?
If so you're Beliar rune can be very helpful with summoning stone guardians.

Like Uriziel said you the strong lightning (Lightning Strike officially) is a must, it's a circle 4 spell but you'll be in circle 4 pretty soon.
Lightning (the weak one) only does 30 damage instead of 150.

Ice Lance is a great level 2 spell. It's somewhat stronger than fireball.

For circle 5 you could go for:
Summon Demon, it can be usefull some times.
Circle 6: Wave of Death, Army of Darkness, and Rain of Fire, like Uriziel said.

When you're low on learning points skip the circle 5 spell and go for circle 6 and leave Wave of Death. Rain of Fire does the same amount of damage and has a higher casting rate, Wave of Death has an enormous range but takes longer to cast.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Enrico79
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah its NOTR.
I have the rune of beliar but i can only use root snare and steal energy(whats this for?).

Some say wave of death is better than rain of fire..some dont...i dunno..

Tnx

Gr.

Enrico
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

just pull a mob and use rain of fire theyll die only elites will maybe survive
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:57 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Sem

When you're low on learning points skip the circle 5 spell and go for circle 6 and leave Wave of Death. Rain of Fire does the same amount of damage and has a higher casting rate, Wave of Death has an enormous range but takes longer to cast.

I thoroughly disagree about Rain of fire being equal to Wave of Death....cause it ain't. Alot of times RoF can't kill an orc elite. He won't have much life left, but you are out of mana against a pissed off orc elite BTW, I don't mean this will happen everytime, but when it DOES happen...

WoD will flatten anything within it's extremely long range. It matters not if there is one foe or a hundred, human, orc, or beast.....they is dead. I've used speed potions and gathered so many orcs that when I unleashed WoD it crashed the game........now THAT is some killing power

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:02 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Enrico79
Yeah its NOTR.
I have the rune of beliar but i can only use root snare and steal energy(whats this for?).

Steal Energy is a vampire spell, it does damage and heals yourself with it. It only works on humans. I haven't testes it on seekers, if it works on them it could be very useful, otherwise its use is very limited.
When you're a higher circle you can change it in more spells.

I prefer RoF because of it's higher casting rate and the possibility to run around with it to increase the range of damage. You can't do that with WoD and most of the time you lose a lot of hitpoints, if not all when you're being careless before it's even cast.
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:50 am