View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

weapons spoilers

I hope this will help some newbie with the selection of weapons:

1. In gothic 2, you can use either one-handed weapon or two-handed weapon. Both can finish the game. I prefer one-hander since it is faster and you don't have to switch. Another big advantage of one-hander is that you can save a common file to use as a starting point for all 3 guilds. Mine has level 16, strength 115, beserker sword(65), one-handed at 47% and with 11 points to spare. It also has 11 king sorrels, 8-9 dragonroots and 10-13 goblinberries.

2. There is a difference in reach within each category of weapon. For example, a wolf tooth has very short reach than a berserker sword. The same can be said between a rapier and a master sword.

3. There is a big difference in damage between a sword based on dexterity and a sword based on strength. Although it is not written in any faqs, a master sword is not comparable to a berserker sword. It is much weaker. This becomes obvious when you try to use a master sword to fight against Sentenza or bulco or an orc.

4. Bow/crossbow is very useful in gothic but they are not as nearly as useful in gothic 2. Mage doesn't need a bow and paladin only use a bow occasionnally. Mercs need a bow but unfortunately, the limited number of king sorrels make bows less useful.

5. Here are some stats to give you a rough idea: (1) with strength at 112, berserker sword at 30% you can defeat any merc, and pretty easily. (2) with strength at 260, consecrated one-hander you can kill an orc warrior with one hit, but need 2 hits to kill an elite or a troll.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:39 pm
Don-Esteban
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

deleted

Last edited by Don-Esteban on Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:41 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: weapons spoilers

I intended to make this thread for spoilers on weapons selection. Your post is more or less on how to distribute skill points. It would be easier for viewers to follow if you can post it in a separate thread.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:52 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

more on bows/spells

1. in gothic, bows/crossbows and spells have the same range. In gothic 2, spells have a much longer range than bows/crossbows, you can see monsters farther ahead than with bows.

2. in gothic, the release speed of bows is much faster than spells. In gothic 2, the release speed of a much use spell such as lightning is at least as fast as bows.

As the result,in gothic bows have the advantage over spells( or weapons) in situations such as the free mine or the castle. Here the slow release speed of the spells makes it difficult the use them against constant shooting of the guards. In gothic 2, Bows have its usefulness limited to the guildless stage.
Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:52 am
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where are the crossbows

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, but I've still not come across anyone who is selling crossbows yet. Plenty of people selling bolts and even a crossbow trainer, but no crossbows! Where are they please?

One other question, which skill governs crossbow use, strength or dexterity?

Thanks.
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:34 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Aqtai,

Earlier in the game (esp. Ch 1) you need to find your crossbows, not buy them. That changes in later chapters. Here are a few you can find:

Spoiler:
One nice crossbow you can get early on - leave the east gate of Khorinis (by the market place) and head up the hill towards the lighthouse. At the top, turn right and head along the ridge. Just a little bit along you will see scavengers on the left side (slightly above you) and an old stump. There is a crossbow by that stump.

Spoiler:
As you head up the trail from Orlan's tavern and go past Dragomir, he mentions that he lost his crossbow up by a stone ring. You can recover that one and use it for awhile before giving it back to Dragomir.

Spoiler:
Best one yet, on the way to look for Dragomir's crossbow, you will come to a bridge over a small gorge (NOT the bridge that leads to the Black Troll). Just before you get to the bridge, look around in the trees to your left. You'll find a very nice crossbow there.

You can try looking around for yourself, or read the spoiliers above.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:20 am
znppt
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can anyone tell me the damage formula of gothic2? what's the different between 1H 100% and 1H 50% and how it relate to the damage? I have no idea how to use the search Thanks for your answer.
Post Fri May 19, 2006 1:22 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

1H 100% = A 100% chance of critical hit + faster weapon swinging/blocking.
1H 50% = A 50% chance of critical hit + slower weapon swinging/blocking (Next to the 100%).
Post Sat May 20, 2006 6:56 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Isn't there one laying on the
Spoiler:
table in city barracks back side? Not sure though,

Post Sat May 20, 2006 9:53 pm
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah