The Rhomal Report - A Stroll Down Memory Lane
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

The Rhomal Report - A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Ahh yes - you can tell the New Year is approaching when Rhomal Maximus gets reflective as he sends along his latest <a href="http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=25" target="_blank">editorial</a> poignantly entitled "The Rhomal Report - A stroll down memory lane"...
<br>
<br> <blockquote><em>Female Player: What happened here? Who are you?
<br>Strutter: Me no know... We see huumon kills this one.
<br>Rhomal: *Walk over to the body and exmains it*
<br>Male Player: I see, well do you know who it was that commited this crime orc?
<br>Strutter: No, me no see him before, he not wit yous?
<br>Rhomal: *Searches the body*
<br>Female Player: No not at all, we would not commit such evil acts.
<br>Male Player: I am not sure these two were not involved.
<br>Rhomal: *Rolls dead body over onto its stomach*
<br>Strutter: We do not! Brother and mes just get here like yous.
<br>Rhomal: *Pulls pants off dead body*
<br>Female Player: Well there is no reason not to...ermm... believe him...
<br>Female Player: *Looks over at the other orc*
<br>Male Player: What is he doing...?
<br>Strutter: *shrugs*
<br>Rhomal: *Pulls aside his groin armor and violates the corpse from behind*
<br>Male Player: *Blinks*
<br>Female Player: ...
<br>Strutter: Wha?
<br></em></blockquote>
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:29 am
Lucky Day

this is absolutely tasteless. please don't psot garbage like this as "news" again.

in fact, could someone please remove this?
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:29 am

Lucky Day

you took at off the front page. thank you at least for that.
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:27 pm

Rhomal

If your frail sensibilities are so easily offended then I’d suggest you terminate your ISP account. As the net is full of humor, opinions and sites that will offend you too way to easily.

As for the editors of RPGDot I am personally disappointed in you. ONE over sensitive person complains and you cave in. What ever happened to standing by your convictions?

I suppose next time you post a news item and I take ‘offense’ at and I post a complaint you’ll pull that too then? Since that is in effect the precedence you are setting for your site.

Heck if I just post your entire site offends me you’ll go offline?

Where is the line drawn?

Rhomal
Administrator of NWN 2 News
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Rhomal,

The link to your article is still there, the 'scenario' is still posted on the forums. Nothing has been removed except the too-lengthy dialog that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. I am not the one who edited the piece, but I agree that it was too long in the form in which it was written to stay on the main headlines page.

Casting very public stones at the editorial staff of RPGDot, which has given your reports and your site a lot of exposure rather than taking this up privately with the site owners shows a lack of faith. Hopefully, you will get in touch with the appropriate personnel and discuss this matter with them privately.

Kal
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:37 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

The line is drawn wherever I say it is, Rhomal. I didn't edit the newsbit because of just one complaint but because I agreed the quote was tasteless. As Kalia pointed out, the newsbit and link are still there. I'm not offended by anything much personally but we run a large broad-based site with a wide range of visitors. If the newsbit had important value otherwise I'd have left it alone, but frankly, I might not have posted this in the first place. If I had, it would have been as a courtesy to you rather than any news value in this item.
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:34 pm

I dont really care of it was my article or not in question. Its the principal that bothered me.

Now if you took out the aspect in question because you felt it was taking up too much space, or what not that I respect that. If it was because one over sensitive person complained then I take issue with that.

You are NEVER going to please everyone, and trying to do so is doomed to failure.

With that said, if my emails to you are to bothersome or not relivant to post in your eyes just say so and I shall cease sending them.

Have a great new year.

-R
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:01 am

Dhruin

I'm pretty sure I already explained that I preferred not to have that quote on the front page, so there's no principal operating here other than my responsibility to set editorial policy.

As far as sending us emails, we always welcome submissions from anyone - you included. I believe we have posted nearly every editorial you have written and I have personally disagreed with nearly every one of them; does that not demonstrate we accept your submissions? This submission has been posted, has it not? What I said was I didn't see much RPG news value in this latest item - while on the other hand, Kris saw the email and posted it, which is fine.
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:27 am

Rhomal's junk

Just stop posting his narcissist "editorial" garbage that serves no other purpose but to glorify him in the eyes of his fanboys. It's not news; it's blog junk that he unfortunately manages to pass off as editorials because he's running a NWN2 fansite. He's getting way more attention than he deserves as it is.
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:03 am

Lucky Day

quote:
Originally posted by Rhomal
If your frail sensibilities are so easily offended then I’d suggest you terminate your ISP account..

..As for the editors of RPGDot I am personally disappointed in you. ONE over sensitive person complains and you cave in.

Rhomal
Administrator of NWN 2 News

well it looks like more than one person agrees that the comment is tasteless.

the biggest irony that's escaping you Rhomal is that you made that dialogue in order to offend people in the first place. it should be no surprise to you that people will complain when you bring it up again.
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:06 am

Rhomal

Lucky,

I posted it as I though it was funny. As the vast majoirty of people who read it found.

Please dont assign your underlying issues with topic matter to me. The only people who are offended are those that let themselves be.

But with the traffic that is the internet I had little doubt someone would take issue with it. In fact I'd gather anything on the net is taken issue with by someone, at some time.

As I said you cant please everyone, nor do I thus try.

So please put your psych 101 book back on the bookshelve and trying to read into me and the article more then there is. It a funny story by the vast majority who read it, like it or not and thats the only reason I included it.

My 2 coppers
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:17 am

dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Wow, haven't seen this much venom since the Codex came raiding. The article was a little coarse; the reaction was overly sensitive. Welcome to the wonderful world of not-quite-Disney. Seems to me the staff handled the issue pretty fairly.

Non-issue, folks. Moving on...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:24 am
Bear_Warrior

tastelessness

Well, where I see this fellow's monicer- Mr. Rhomal Administrator of NWN 2 News, I will be sure to skip over because I certainly don't share in his type of "humor" nor people like him. Necrophilia is illegal as far as I know even if some sick-o's practice it, have fantacies of it, or joke about it. It's not a point of comedic relief as far as I'm conserned and will be sure to neglect and material related to it. I am disappointed in the editor's thuroughness in letting something like it get posted to begin with and disgusted that it wasn't removed completely.
I was eagerly awaiting more news about NWN2 but if this is a sample of the sources we got to draw on and the people to whom we look to for that information I will just resign myself to watching the store shelf in the mall and forego having my sensabilities assaulted and then insulted. Good day to you.
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:11 am