How do you open the secret room on crypt level 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you open the secret room on crypt level 3

Ok. I have to admit I'm shamelessly cheating because I know about this room from the faq/map - also the wall where this room is obviously covering something up (on the map it is room 13 of level 6).

I've gotten the shield, mithril boots and killed the liche but this room is still close which makes me sad.

Also, there was a spot in the wall that takes a container but I couldnt' find anythign that fits - this is near room 3 or 4 of the sme level but isn't mentioned on the map/walk-through.

Thanks
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:41 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There is a lever in room 6 that opens the passage between room 1 and 13. Just keep clearing out the crypt as called for by the game. (When you find the first quest item I would leave so you can level up again, then come back to crypt after that.) You will find a strange glowing orb, the same shape. Put it in that hole and you get a little secret. If you don't find it, you are not missing much.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:52 pm
ziusudra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The object that fits the container in the wall is on the next level of the crypt.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:53 pm
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok thanks. Guess I missed that lever. I'm progressing but I'm not so sure i could do this game without the walk-through. I wish torches last longer - hard to see all the clues in the dark
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:23 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Yeh I know what you mean. I finally left the crypt and went and bought some torches so I could see. I think there is a spell to help, but I hated wasting mana on that and then find out I needed it for a fight two seconds later. As for the walkthrough, you have to use it to finish this game. There simply was not enough information in the game to determine what you should be doing or where you should go next. The developers admitted that was a flaw and promised the next game will be better.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:24 pm