Getting über items
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Getting über items

Ok item-freaks, here is the info you want: The best way to get über ph4t l3wtz, fast and (well, almost) easy!

Acutally, there is 3 good ways of getting such.. but the they're not fast at all, eventhough the ph4t l3wtz from the Chicken Level is amazing!
Buuuut, i'll write 'em, just so u can try 'em out if you find Grescal-running too boring.. (aka Mephisto/PindleRun-Syndrome)

The requirements for these things is that you have quite an effective character.. imported from Single or just a Multiplayer-char.

But, the list is:

1. Secret Chicken Level
Read URL for detailed info, Michael Wu done a real good job writing this:
Secret Chicken Level

2. Gom Runs
Gom, the last boss of the SinglePlayer Campaign does drop some excellent stuff, but it takes alot of time to get down to him..
Make a MultiGame, Choose Kingdom of Ehb as map, and start at the last place.. and.. goto Gom and kick his butt :]
Takes time, and you only get 1 drop, buuut alot of Experience. Kinda like Baal-runs in Diablo

3. Grescal Abandoned Ruins
This it the best! 4x l3wt-drops + 81 monsters (details follows), and only takes 15 minz including a look in the Smith's store :]
The ruins IS the place where you are supposed to look for the Grescal Palm Stone, so the ones who knows the place can skip the introduction

The way of getting there is easy though:
1) Start a Multi-Game, start in Grescal..
2) Head for the Potion-Shop
3) Go behind the tent, and follow the Torches into the Dunes
4) Go down the Ruins.
5) Turn left at the round stone-Circle
6) Turn left again at the 4 Pillars and the small Stone Platform
7) Continue Straigth forward, and you will find an Elevator
Ride it down

Ok, You're inside the place.. You'll get attacked by 2 Terror Wraiths when the elevator hits the ground, kill them and have a look around.
Head North down the corridor until you'll kind a kind of Cross-road, with 2 Punishers and 4 Dungeon Crawlers (guess what to do with them )
Turn right, and press the Brick at the wall, follow the corridor, kill the Wraith and the Terror Wraith, and keep pressing the next Brick.. easy to find!
Soon you will enter a large room with some fog in the middle and a large chest! Wee

1ST CHEST LOOTED!!!

Next, go back to the crossroad.. head right (North), and enter the Big room. This contains some Mucosa Raiders/Predators, Wraith Piercers. Not hard to kill. In the east-side of the room should be... theeeeeeee.. 2nd Chest

2ND CHEST LOOTED!!!

Continue down the Northern Path, which will turn Left/West. This room is stuffed with monsters, including a Red Drake (easy, but cool) It can be quite difficult to kill them all, but possible never-the-less. In the middle of the room IIIIIIS the, yes, 3rd chest

3RD CHEST LOOTED!!!

at the Wall behind the 3rd Chest, should be another Push-able Brick.. click it, and 2 walls will slide away, one to the left of you, and one at the far right. Take the one to the Right.. then, real simple, kill the monsters.
In the far end of the room should be the Grescal Palm Stone, and behind it, theeeeeeeee 4th and last chest

4TH CHEST LOOTED!!!

After that, you could just quit the game and do it all again, or you could goto the other opening the "Brick" made, and follow that path back to the elevator (worth it, good exp)

With all the chest opened you should get about 4-8 Rare items and alot of Magic ones, most of them kinda good ones! If not, have another go..

Sometime you WILL find a real good (or at least neat-looking) item

Happy item hunting

(Make this Sticky so everyone has a chance to read it)
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:06 pm
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by me :]
81 monsters (details follows)

Argh, forgot that point

Never-the-less, there are 81 monsters down the Grescal-cave, which are as follows:

6 Terror Wraiths - Skeletons with axes
4 Punishers - Flying mage-skulls
7 Dungeon Crawlers - Tortured zombie
1 Wraith - easy version of Terror Wraith
10 Mucosa Predators - Mage-spiderlike creature
6 Mucosa Raiders - Melee-spiderlike creature
5 Wraith Piercers - Skeletons with bows
4 Lava Runner - Small mage-creatures
4 Sand Bashers - Small melee-creatures
1 Lava Horror - Sand Basher-"boss"
1 Lava Mage - Kinda like a Lava Runner-boss
1 Red Drake - Red... eh.. drake
10 Torecks - Big melee-beasts with Sickle Staffs
10 Warlocks - Mage skeletons (cool spell sound )
4 Quadscales - Green spider/insect creatures
2 Synged - Flying "birds"
5 Kells - Mage, Minotaur-with-tail-instead-of-legs-appearance

81 Monsters in total Quite good experience..

It's not hard monsters, only the fact that you can get pretty spanked if you run too fast into the 2nd big room can be kinda fustrating!
Keep that in mind...
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:17 am
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

That guide will come in handy, if I ever play the MP half of the game... I'm only 16 hours into the SP... I guess that's about 1/4 of the way.

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:45 am
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Crawdaddy79
That guide will come in handy, if I ever play the MP half of the game... I'm only 16 hours into the SP... I guess that's about 1/4 of the way.
Good luck on your quest then

hey, u stole my sig.. :-/ if you're going to write "-SpanGi", keep it more obvious that I wrote it, make a quote or something around or somehing... But well, guess some people like my Sick-Sig then
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:13 pm
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hey, I DID quote it!!!

And BTW, I don't have a sig...(I just typed it up) But I'm glad you noticed
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:28 am