The Vamp Clans and other misc.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Vamp Clans and other misc.

I'd have to say my favorite clans were Gangrel and Malkavian. Gangrel for the neato shapeshifting and basically the closest thing you can get to a werewolf without being one. Yes I like werewolves better than vamps. Malkavians were hilarious. I love the Shakespearean speech. Everything you say insults everyone's intellect and they don't notice it straight off and then say HEY when they realized you just insulted them. And those who noticed the insult let it slide because they figured you're insane and not all there anyway. I absolutely loved dementation. Alot better than dominate. In example... the first Russian tough guy you meet before meeting the actual mob. You make him believe he is a grizzly bear and his body guards are salmon and he's hungry. The only thing I didn't like on the male malkie was the heavy clothing armor. Made him look like a bizarre twist between a card shark and a mad scientist.

The skills. I hate how it was absolutely necessary to pick up some skills. You had to have seduction or you'd have to pay for feeding. IE prostitutes. You had to have security or waste tons of blood points on that obnoxious blood buff. You had to have persuasion or every situation would be a huge blood bath and it'd be beyond difficult to survive it. Inspection feat was annoying. Useless below 6. The only reason I wanted it was to use it in conversation to see if people are lying or misleading me and get extra experience. Stamina wasn't so great. Bashing damage wasn't my main problem. Lethal or aggrivated damage was. Hacking wasn't that bad not to have. Most of the time you could get around without having it. Every so often though you came across containers or doors that required hacking. I never experimented with intimidation but I should try that. Haggling was a plus, though by the time I hit downtown I had 1.6k bucks so I didn't need it so much.

The powers. The powers were good. Just that alot of them should have been given to a different clan than what they were in. Or each clan each should have had one unique power or at least be able to use it in ways other clans could not. I have no idea why celerity was given to Toreadors.

The Clans. Ventrue weren't that bad to be. Sure you had the chance of vomitting up regular blood but really it wasn't too bad. You could dominate people to do what you want. I already talked about malkies and gangies. Toreadors were pointless because they didn't get any real bonuses. The only thing they got was starting skill bonuses but that could be easily offset by doing the plethora of quests out there. Humanity gain was easy enough to get without getting double gain. Brujah were good if your main objective was to smash everything that looked at you funny. Nos was good if you wanted a challenge playing the game. Tremere...their thaumaturgy powers were kinda crappy. Like blood strike and blood salvo. While you stand there waiting for the blood to return 3 other guys are smacking you with blunt objects. I didn't really want to wait for the last power. The only reason to play Tremere is for a roleplaying aspect. However this isn't a true roleplaying game cause I'm not sure other npcs in the game would react to you any different that you are a Tremere.

Lastly. Overall the game is pretty good despite the character sheet. I so enjoyed the dialogue and npc interaction. Stealth combat was fun. Liked weeding out the loners by snapping their necks. Combat feeding was enjoyable. You just position yourself behind the baddie and feed and use him as a shield and get the blood at the same time. Shotguns were a riot. Loved making baddies fly all over the place with em. Anyway its a good game overall. I just wished they'd make other World of Darkness games like the Werewolf ones, and Mage The Ascension. The end.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:37 am