The perfect party?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

The perfect party?

Just made a new party. I decided to go one fighter(mace), one samurai, one mage(for the wizardry bonus and has fire and water), one priest(for the divinity bonus), and two bishops(one in earth and wind, the other in psionic and alchemy). I'm gonna test this party out but it seems like it would be pretty cool. Just wondering if all the bishops will have enough attack spells. Of course I'd use the priest as my healer. What do you all think?
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:41 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Certainly magic-heavy, but can be played just fine. I usually favor combat-heavy parties,
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:10 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

What's the advantage to having a Bishop? My current mage is expert in all magic except for Mental, and I have a great monk for that. What's the difference between a Wizard and a Bishop?

In my next game I want an Alchemist. Are there any fighter classes that can develop this skill? Some of the spells look pretty good, and in my current game I have too many characters with Priest spells (Lord, Priest, Monk and Vi Domina) - not that this is a problem, but it lacks a certain interest value.

I'm thinking along the lines of Gadgeteer, Wizard, Lord, Monk, Alchemist, and a Samurai or some other fighter type. I'd develop the Lord only along the Earth/Divine/Water realms as those are really the most useful ones from a defensive/healer point of view.
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:56 am
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

IMO, Bishops are usually a great benefit to the party in certain situations:

1. If you are running a combat heavy party, then the Bishop is good for buffs and support.
2. If you are running a smaller party, then you ensure you have greater spell variety (since Bishops have access to all Spellbooks).
3. If you run multiple Bishops (my personal favorite, I usually have at least 4 of them), then you will never be lacking for buffs and you are able to pick apart monsters better based on their spell resistances (pick the realm that the monster is least resistant to, choose the appropriate attack spell, have all of the Bishops cast that spell at the monster. hehe )

Difference between a Wizard and a Bishop: Click here
Look several posts down.
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:36 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Hagatha
What's the advantage to having a Bishop? My current mage is expert in all magic except for Mental, and I have a great monk for that. What's the difference between a Wizard and a Bishop?

In my next game I want an Alchemist. Are there any fighter classes that can develop this skill? Some of the spells look pretty good, and in my current game I have too many characters with Priest spells (Lord, Priest, Monk and Vi Domina) - not that this is a problem, but it lacks a certain interest value.

I'm thinking along the lines of Gadgeteer, Wizard, Lord, Monk, Alchemist, and a Samurai or some other fighter type. I'd develop the Lord only along the Earth/Divine/Water realms as those are really the most useful ones from a defensive/healer point of view.
The answers to most of these are in your manual.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:14 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Hmmmm...then perhaps I'll be putting a Bishop into my next party. It does sound handy. But first, off to Rapax Rift.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:25 am