I have no idea what to do/where to go now..PLEASE HELP
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hi everyone -
I joined the new camp, worked my way up to mercenary, now have nothing to do. I am lvl 12 and have just been wandering around. Still can't buy medium or heavy merc armor. Lee won't give me anything to do and I have NO idea what I'm supposed to do next. Also, I killed a million lurkers but the dam guy never says I got the right one. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance...
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:13 am
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I never joined the NewCamp so I can't help you there, but you can't tell me you don't have atleast one currrent mission. Hell I finished the game with 5 or 6 not done. Though around 3 of those were from scripting errors.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:11 am

ditto, but the creature destroying the dam is to be found...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
...on the other side of the lake
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:32 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Talk to Mordrag
He will tell you that Lares have given you a mission to check out the Sect Camp.

Go there. Lester will speak to you.

WHAM! Chapter 2...

I was Level 14 before Chapter 2, so dont fear, you will have a great bonus with you if youreached Level 12. =)

Makes the game much easier.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:39 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I already talked to Lester and completed all those missions for Lares. When I got back they let me join the mercs. So i AM in chapter 2. The only outstanding missions I have are: Lurker at the dam (and i killed the one across the lake and the two on the other side), Souls for the Brotherhood (but I already talked to that guy in the sect camp and went back to Dusty..)..that's it. So I'm lvl 12 in the second Chapter and neither Lee, Mordrag, Lares, or even Cronos (who sent me to the fire mages) has anything for me. ...Argh
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:29 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

the guy in the alchemy lab in the sect camp has a little (tehehehehe) quest for you
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:26 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks, but I already completed the alchemy lab guy's huge quest. I found the right lurker so now the only mission I have is the souls for the brotherhood but dusty won't say anything to me. I can't believe anyway, that this one mission is preventing me from progressing. I think I somehow broke the game. I even broke into the old monastery and got another focus stone. NO one will give me anything to do. Lee just tells me I'm not exp enough to buy any armor. I love this game but I don't understand how I'm stuck.....anyone?? I'm positive I've done everything
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Have you seen the FMV about the ritual?
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:09 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hmm..good point. He did say to come back that evening and watch the ritual. It's been days though and I forgot. I went back there and the three of them are up on the cliff maybe i have to wait till night..thanks
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:25 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Uh...

Hold on... Are you a MERCENARY or a ROGUE?

If you are a mercenary, then you must be totally blind, the game is so linear that even a blind dog blindfolded can see what to do next...

If you are a MERCENARY you are in chapter 3 or 4, collected all focus stones etc...

Then you should know about the dead fire mages, etc... Just report that knowledge to Saturas...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:51 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks for the help about the FVM. JenyM..I am a mercenary, and not blind nor a dog, i simply forgot about viewing the ritual. thank you for the helpful comments. i feel very happy that you chose to give your advice.
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:12 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

madglee
-------
In my book you become Mercenary in the middle of Chapter 3 "Artifacts of Ancient Power", the chapter that starts just after you watched the ritual.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:27 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Oh, well you can become merc before that. I forgot to watch the ritual, went back to the camp and spoke to lee. he inducted me. thanks for your help.
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:41 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Hmmm... Ok then.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:49 pm

I guess you have already Failed the gest of Dusty. to comlete it you must aswer one of the baals tylor or smtg. like that than he wants you to bring someone to join the camp for his support.and you could finish the guest by speaking dusty one moore time (also you need 100 ore for bribing the guards)
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:33 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next