View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there rasmuslarsen,

Welcome to the boards.

Progress, - - - I don't know, the quest is still "active" this is probably my last "do-or-die" run through the game? the mission? it will take quite a while yet, - - doing a full evaluation, not to be missing anything, current status:-

Master in everything but magic's, Level 24, ch/5, warriors voice, oak bow, crawlerplate armour, guildless, ulumulu, - - not touched old camp yet, i'm in the orc temple, got to report to Xardas, i'm going beyond the "corpse" i am suspicious that this may be the way, (the corpse, once gone, comes back alive in the right place, much later in the game, depending on the unknown triggers, there seems to be "connections" in the rare old books (not cromanin) but who knows? - - we wil see.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:54 am
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I've been here before, but can't remember my old login info

There has to be some "connections" somewhere in the old books. If not, it's almost impossible to figure out how to do it. Maybe wolverine_men could give us a little "extra" hint?

This is very interesting. I read the thread, but don't have the time to try it out myself.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:29 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

wolverine_men would not reveal the secrets openly to those who have scorned him, at least i wouldn't.

The old books nead to carefully read,

1. Astronomy. Synodic orbit of the planets, man is a receiver, his soul allows him to take part in the highest plane of existence.

2. Elementary arcanum. The place of magic in the order of the worldly, the power of magic is the purest greatest good in existence.

3 The secrets of magic. A disciple of the art of magics must be able to use his spirit as a tool.

4. A gift from the gods. What does this power look like, where can a man find this invisible yet incredibly
powerful force.

5. Word of the gods. The word of Innos, Adanos and Beliar.

6. Word of the gods Vol-2. Beliar said if they (men) will not worship me, then at least they shall fear me,
and he created death and ended the lives of men.

7. Word of the gods Vol-3. Priests of Innos - Magicians of the circle of fire, priests of Adanos - magicians of the circle of water.

8. The battle of Varant. Rhobar the strategist.

9. The battle of Varant Vol-2. How Lee was trapped and beaten.

10. True power. The sacred duty of the skillful, the mage can break through the boundaries of time and space and not even death, the eve of existence can stop him.

Is there a clue in there?
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:18 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well it might be a wild guess but , you defintely need to be a mage? a fire mage and a water mage, so you will be able to find the old man only in the later chapters where you can be a magician of water. might be a wild guess but that is what I think
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:03 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey titus,

It really is hard to say, i was a guard when i saw the old man, so this contradicts this whole mage connection thing, but on the face of it, it makes a lot of sense, if he has to die in the real world, then because of his "power" only then (relying on some person to find the books) he is then able to use that power to re-appear, sure sounds good to me.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:59 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

so it was before chapter 4 or 5 that you encounterd him? otherwhise I was thinking of the power of a magician of water. I wish I had the time and patience to try it all myself, but I am not so good in staying the nice good guy
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:33 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Phew.... It took an hour to read the whole tread

All this seems very interesting and mysterious but I don't know if I should believe it or not. But I will give it a try anyway. I'll try to be a goody and take the default way, not sure if I'll become a mage or a guard.. hm.. do you think that's imporant? I don't think so..

quote:
Righteouss (sp?) might not mean being TOO goody good. It might only involve making the right decisions, and I mean the larger ones, not should I pay 20 ore or not for the map etc.

I think he's got a point there. Maybe the "TOO goody good" isn't the wrong way but being righteouss doesn't necesarily mean you have to be a real goody good, maybe somehow neutral, some people do deserve punishment after all. In my theory, the triggers refer to the conversation options you choose, this includes harassing, asking for rewards and doing other, rather "shady" deals like selling Cor Calom's swampweed to new camp etc etc. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about but the over goody good may not be a necesary thing to do.

This all is really mysterious and nothing seems right to me no matter how I look at it. We'll just have to keep trying.
So I'm in. If I find out anything I'll let you know..
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:58 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey NeoCodex,

Have a go by all means, there is no set rule to solving this, the old camp seems the best choice because both wolverine_men and myself made this
choice and we both saw him.
I think the "goody goody" thing has been misunderstood by some, of course if you get attacked by baddies then i can see nothing wrong with giving them a taste of their own medicine, but purposely not being aggressive is being in control, worthy. Just recently killed Jackal, had to, and his two turncoat guards, that has to be o.k ? its in the storyline.
I will soon return to Xaedas for uriziel, then try the fog tower again
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:03 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Don't know. It was 2 AM when I was writing that. And I had to wake up at 5 AM the same day...
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:45 pm
Stryks
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Discovery

(This is an account I'm using for now, as my main one is down.)

I finished reading the thread a few days ago, and since my validation email wouldnt come, I started messing around in Gothic. I found out the inserting "theriddle1" all the way to "theriddle6" got each and every Chromanin. I started a new game and used god mode, decked myself out with gear, read all the Chromanins (1-5), and went to the waypoint, ow_fogdungeon_36, which is the waypoint to the first and last Chromanin. If you use this, there will be 3 mages, not 2, so there will be alot of skeletons, so be warned. Anyway, after I killed all of them, the corpse was there. I was totally good, as I just started a new game, and never killed anything. I havent tried doing this at the same time as the focus stones, nor a Chromanin each chapter. Just toying with this. I might not be able to play Gothic for a bit, so could someone test this out and see what they get? Oh and Wulf, if you still have that saved game that you saw the live old man with, try this out. Thanks.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:28 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Stryks,

I certainly have and i know other have tried your suggestions, iv'e spent a lot of time using many configurations of these methods and it does not work.

I do not have a save game from three and a half years ago

The only conclusive way is to play the game, which will then enable the triggers, its the only way.

The triggers are "unknown" they could be a "set" or maybe even just one one
who knows?

So you saw three skeleton mages, maybe you could help? restart your save game, and strategically possess each of the mages to reveal their stats, see if they are all "skeleton mage of the fog tower" - - - you see, this is one of the major puzzles, there is an "unknown link" - an "attraction" of the *2* attacking skeleton mages to the dead one (not the corpse) - - the link to find is to the "alive" one.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:51 am
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I've read through the entire topic, and am utterly clueless. My guess is that it could be the butt end of an April fools joke, but I haven't tried the "right" path yet.But one out of the blue idea I realized while reading was maybe you need to read the books in correspondence of the chapters. Haven't tried it, and doubt it works, but if it's one of those easter eggs that take you through the entire game to get, then it's worth a shot.
So (e.g Chromanin 1-Chapter 1, Chromanin2-Chapter2 etc.)
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:45 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Galamoth,

quote:
So (e.g Chromanin 1-Chapter 1, Chromanin2-Chapter2 etc.)

Yeah, this has been mentioned in the thread, it makes a lot of logical sense,
- - - study Wolverine_men's opening words "i have all the six books now" or something like that, - - - i just can't make it happen, six books and a corpse yes, but six books and no corpse, no.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:06 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

and obtaining the first book in chapter 1 is as gooed as impossible with those skeletons, so I don't think that will be one of the triggers
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:09 pm
Stryks
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Titus,

The first time I played Gothic, I did the first Chromanin in Chapter Two, but never continued it.

The second time I played it, when I realized I could get my hands on Scar's Sword, I did it in chapter one. Now I think I was level 11, Scar's Sword, and Swiney's armor. This CAN be done in chapter one, just very, very carefully.

Try going in by jumping off the cliff near the back of it, and swim towards the beach. I cant remember how to get there from the back, but I think its take all rights.

Have fun.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:41 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 41, 42, 43  Next