NOTR: Stone tablets and whatnot!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

NOTR: Stone tablets and whatnot!

1) What should I do with my stone tablets? Vatras asked me for all that I can bring, and the guy (Erol, or something?) near the Tavern wants 3, but I also know they will be very useful for increasing my stats, later on. So, what to do with them?

2) Around which point should I stop training my sword skills? I can only assume there will be more weapons that give bonuses to skill, and other boosters, so at what point to stop training my 2H skill completely?

3) Bah, I knew I'd forgot something. BTW, did y'all notice all the fancy stuff to be found on the roofs in Khorinis (in the harbor)? Several leather satchels, scrolls, potions, even honey. Was that a NOTR addition?

Thanks in advance! =)
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:23 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

1. vatras wants the stone tablets that are called old stone tablets in your inventory, same for Erol it's really worth getting him the tablets since he's got osme neat stuff and teaches you strengh.( the tablets that increase you stat have the name of the stat and a number next to thier name)

2. I stop at 60 usually and can get it up high enough for it not to matter

3. nope never seen it, but I'll check it out now
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:15 am
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, and Vatras gives you 30 xp & some potions for however many you have, i.e. 1 tablet, 30 xp, 5 tablets, 30 xp, etc. My advice, one at a time; you can drop them off at the tavern, in the chest.

P.S. If other people don't have this problem, it could be because I'm running the Ita. version.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:12 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: NOTR: Stone tablets and whatnot!

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
1) What should I do with my stone tablets? Vatras asked me for all that I can bring, and the guy (Erol, or something?) near the Tavern wants 3, but I also know they will be very useful for increasing my stats, later on. So, what to do with them?

2) Around which point should I stop training my sword skills? I can only assume there will be more weapons that give bonuses to skill, and other boosters, so at what point to stop training my 2H skill completely?

3) Bah, I knew I'd forgot something. BTW, did y'all notice all the fancy stuff to be found on the roofs in Khorinis (in the harbor)? Several leather satchels, scrolls, potions, even honey. Was that a NOTR addition?

Thanks in advance! =)

Ok. 1. Don't give the old stone tablets to Xardas. Give the 3 to Errol and keep the rest of it to yourself. And then IF YOU'RE A MAGICAN, OR A PALADIN give the olds.tablets if you have more.... I had 11 and i gave it to him and i gain 11 mana. This is good because mana is very very expensive. (i have 72 and to learn 1 i have to take 3 skill points) , so i think you should learn how to brew the elixir of spirit. Now if you're a magican or not i think you shoulds learn the old languages. There are many stone tablets like: stone tablet of dexterity, strenght or life energy or spirit, and you can use them if you know the old languages. (go to the water mages they'll teach it, i'm not sure but i think Myxir teach it) There are also numbers. Like s.t.of dexterity 1, 2 or 3. If you know the language of the pesants you can read the 1. If you know the language of the warriors, you can read the 2. And if you know the language of the priests you can learn the 3. If you want to learn the 1., you have to take 5 skill points, the second is 10 and the third is 15. But i know it is expensive, but think abaut it: read 3 tablets of any kind (second tablet) and you have 12 or more skill points in skills. i mean if all is strenght you gain 12 strenght. (but the requiments of the skill points is growing. if you have 10 it is only 1 point, but if you have 40 it cost 2 points....) So it is really good. Learn how to read these tablets. NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF YOUR CARACTER
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:43 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: NOTR: Stone tablets and whatnot!

quote:

Thanks in advance! =)

Ok. 1. Don't give the old stone tablets to Xardas. Give the 3 to Errol and keep the rest of it to yourself. And then IF YOU'RE A MAGICAN, OR A PALADIN give the olds.tablets if you have more.... I had 11 and i gave it to him and i gain 11 mana. This is good because mana is very very expensive. (i have 72 and to learn 1 i have to take 3 skill points) , so i think you should learn how to brew the elixir of spirit. Now if you're a magican or not i think you shoulds learn the old languages. There are many stone tablets like: stone tablet of dexterity, strenght or life energy or spirit, and you can use them if you know the old languages. (go to the water mages they'll teach it, i'm not sure but i think Myxir teach it) There are also numbers. Like s.t.of dexterity 1, 2 or 3. If you know the language of the pesants you can read the 1. If you know the language of the warriors, you can read the 2. And if you know the language of the priests you can learn the 3. If you want to learn the 1., you have to take 5 skill points, the second is 10 and the third is 15. But i know it is expensive, but think abaut it: read 3 tablets of any kind (second tablet) and you have 12 or more skill points in skills. i mean if all is strenght you gain 12 strenght. (but the requiments of the skill points is growing. if you have 10 it is only 1 point, but if you have 40 it cost 2 points....) So it is really good. Learn how to read these tablets. NO MATTER WHAT TYPE IS YOUR CARACTER
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:44 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Hey, Vlada asked me to post this for him while he's away. He wanted to know if he should use the "easy way into the mercenaries" or not? Would it be better, experiance wise, to do it the "normal way"?
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:04 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Who are you talking abaut? Abaut me????
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:03 pm
Arundor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Milan Kovacs mentioned that you can get mana for giving Old Stone Tablets to Vatras. I believe this happens if you give him more than 10 tablets at a time.

If you want the mana bonus instead of the potions, save up all your Old Stone Tablets and give them all to Vatras at once.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Hey, Vlada asked me to post this for him while he's away. He wanted to know if he should use the "easy way into the mercenaries" or not? Would it be better, experiance wise, to do it the "normal way"?

Tell him he doesn´t need advise on this. With a bit of common sense the answer should be obvious.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:03 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, you're right
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:39 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I haven't played NOTR but in the original at least I have not seen any satchels on rooftops
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:25 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by mazu
I haven't played NOTR but in the original at least I have not seen any satchels on rooftops

I think the stuff was added in NOTR but you can check. I can tell you excatly where a satchel is.......where you catch Rengaru there is a rooftop you can just walk onto and a satchel is setting on the ridge of the roof. (it's the building where you get Buster's stolen weed)

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:56 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Nope, I dont think theres a satchel on the warehouse roof, because I jump on the Harbor District roofs all the time.

And I dont think anyone can climb to the upper quarter roofs.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:28 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Thanks for your help, everyone. And at Gorath. Never hurts to ask. =P
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:01 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by mazu
Nope, I dont think theres a satchel on the warehouse roof, because I jump on the Harbor District roofs all the time.

And I dont think anyone can climb to the upper quarter roofs.

In NOTR there are 3 satchels, a silver ring, and pitch. I only found things in the harbor district. I did look to see the value of each satchel because the game i loaded had several unopen satchels in invetory.....so I don't know the total worth. But it is fun to climb around and find them

I have never found a way to get on the Upper quarter roofs without cheating. You can climb a wall or too but that is it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:07 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next