Baulder's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Baulder's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn...

The PDF game manuel from the website doesn't finish loading. Anybody know another way to get the manuel?
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:56 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You don't really need the manual. The game is easy as anything to figure out in game. What are you looking for in particular?

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:30 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Uh...nothing in particular. I just bought the game, haven't started playing it yet, but I wonder if it plays somewhat like an AD&D game. In other words, do you think I'll need a read-out of spell damage, consumption points, whom and what can use it, with the same going to weapons?
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:28 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Beyond the character creation in these games I really didn't ever use the manual very much. I'm not very conversant with the D&D rules, but I've played BG2 many, many times. I don't think it's all that important. Just the same basic kind of rules as BG, IWD 1, etc. except more character creation choices.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:03 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

I play PnP D&D and I like having all the tables and books around me, but with BG we're facing a severe case of computer-RPG I'd say go without any tables and have fun. If you feel like knowing *exactly* how many damage is done and what are your armor bonuses turn on appropriate details in the information line. Or then go look up the manual. But first - just play and have fun with this great game!

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:44 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks, guy. Yeah, so far I'm doing well without the manuel. But it would be nice to have the choice to download it, however it's not working properly. When I right-click on the PDF download link, it doesn't give me the option to Save As Target. I'm currently awaiting a response from tech support but if you guys know another way around this I'd love to hear it.

Also, regarding ambient sound: does anyone have stutterish movement when it's running in the back ground? I probably need to update my drivers but I don't think my video card can handle DirectX 8.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:36 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The stutter is well known. Simply put, BG2 hates being in the background.

I can't remember any way to fix it that I've ever heard of...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:58 am
dougbrad81
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

have you check the cd? my baldur's gate 2 had a .pdf fiile of the manual on one of the cd's.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:40 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by dougbrad81
have you check the cd? my baldur's gate 2 had a .pdf fiile of the manual on one of the cd's.

It's funny that I did, in fact, check the CD -- all four of them -- before making any inquiries. I checked them several times and didn't find it. Finally tech support brought it to my attention, told me where to find it exactly, and there it was... in a place I had checked days ago.

I don't know why -- stupidity, I guess? -- that I don't see things until someone plants my face in it. (And yes, I have good vision. 20/15. The problem is with my brain).
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:53 am