Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How can one train a ninjas magical abilities ( E.g. Fire)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How can one train a ninjas magical abilities ( E.g. Fire)

Hello !

I have the following question. I try to enhance the magical abilities ( Spells e.g. Fire through casting the spel light ) for my Characters but no matter how often I cast Spells with my fellpurr Ninja or my human Valkyrie or my human Ranger, they simply do not get raised. The only way they can be raised is via getting to a new level .

Anybody has any ideas ?

L.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:48 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

When casting spells for practice, always cast at red power levels. That increases your chances of a skill increase. For your ninja, you can boost the alchemy score with potion manufacturing, which might make it a little easier to boost the realm stats. Check your ninja's intelligence score- an idiot will not get stat increases as often.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:09 pm
otter
One of Us

Well, since ninjas have to have 50 Int, that should be enough. Light is one of the least useful realm builders. Unfortunately, it's the only non-combat fire Alchemy spell...
For Earth (and Alc) you can Knock-Knock any lock with lots of tumblers--if you cast on lowest power, it prolly won't open, and if you have a few Mana Stones and a nearby Merchant who'll buy'm and sell'm back recharged, you can get about 10 Alch points and 15 or so in Earth in a game hour or so. (few minutes 'real'-time)
I usually mix potions til my Alc is 30 so i can learn K-K, then knock up to 50 so i can mix the tougher potions, which i've collected from the various merchants. Usually have enough by then to mix up to the 70's.
So Earth and Alc are easy; for Air, keep the Chameleon going; for Water and Divine, get sick at the gassy coffin in Lower Monastery and cast CLC and Heal; For fire, you pretty much gotta use spells in combat to notice fast improvement.

(edit to add) Dex is the first-listed (more weight) Attribute for learning Alchemy faster; i've found my Alchemizers get skill increases faster if they wear Ankhs of Dex, and Lithe Buckler (not Ninja, unf) to maximize their Dex while practising.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:50 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

About casting Light.
Cast Light after every battle or after camping. Don't bother to cast more than one time. It's a waste of time to cast Light repeatedly.

I don't pretend this is true or correct so everyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)
Ridica doar degetul mijlociu!"

I'm BAD!
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:09 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Once is not enough IMO. I've tried every way and recasting as high as possible seems to work best. Although you may have a point, Greater minds are needed. why is once enoough? could save me hours.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:12 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I didn't say once is enough but recasting is useless :)
Anyway, Lannister will try and see what will work best.
Iac-aşa

Edit: Could anybody please change that ~village dweller~ thing under my name? I"m sick of it, I already am an ancient member of this forum, give me a title of noblesse like dteowner or otter got hm ok i'll be waiting... :-?
Ridica doar degetul mijlociu!"

I'm BAD!
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:04 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

@daniel: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24838

You've got some posting to do. Seems like you've had 16 posts forever, though.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:43 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Casting light multiple times doesn't do anything useful effect wise. But it does work to improve alchemy/wizardry and fire realm skills. What I did was take my total fire spell points, and divide by the maximum red level I could cast at. Then cast light at the level of the remainder first, and then keep re-casting at the maximum level until I reached 0. Then I wandered around to recharge points, and this would leave me with light at the maximum duration.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:17 am