cant draw my bow?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
supercoolnothing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cant draw my bow?

hi guys, im new to this game and to tell you the truth, this is the game ive been searching for since i got tired of Drakan the ancients gates for ps2 back in 02. i love the classic medievil fantasy games, that have a dark disturbing side to them and this is perfect so far.
but my problem is i want to specialize my char in archery, ive spent 10 lp in it so far and now i cant draw my bow =/ and i got it selected in red for the '2' key and i got bolts for it in inventory, but when i hit '2' nothing happens, when i hit '1' i draw my melee, if you can help me that'd be great.

also, this game is extreamly slow paced, is it normal to spend an entire night of playing just in khorinis?
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:15 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: cant draw my bow?

quote:
Originally posted by supercoolnothing

but my problem is i want to specialize my char in archery, ive spent 10 lp in it so far and now i cant draw my bow =/ and i got it selected in red for the '2' key and i got bolts for it in inventory, but when i hit '2' nothing happens, when i hit '1' i draw my melee, if you can help me that'd be great.

You said you have bolts, but do you have *arrows* as well? Bows need arrows and crossbows need bolts.

If you need arrows go to Bosper's shop in Khorinis and buy some.

quote:

also, this game is extreamly slow paced, is it normal to spend an entire night of playing just in khorinis?

That's not unusual at all. There are a lot of quests to do in Khorinis and you can easily spend a few days getting to everything. Of course you don't have to do everything at once. You can go off and do other quests and come back to Khorinis from time to time if you like variety.

But keep in mind -- while the combat in Gothic is action-based, the game is very much an RPG/Adventure with plenty of dialogue, exploring, and character building. If you wanted a pure action game then you really picked the wrong title.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:25 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forums!

Bolts are for crossbows, arrows for bows. Just make sure you have arrows in your inventory, and you can attack with a bow like a melee weapon(ctrl+forward). Just pressing "2" will equip it.

It's slow paced the first time you play a Gothic game(either 1 or 2), because there is a lot of dialouge, and such a good story/good NPCs that you actually bother sitting through most of it. It'll get faster though, as Khorinis is the biggest place in the game, with the most quests etc. Later in the game, as you get the hang of it, it's far more killing than talking.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:28 am