Usergroups
Higher difficulty - please
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Something must be very strange, then. I'm up to level 39 with my four femme fatales and I'm not quite half way thru Act 3. I've got most of the secondary quests knocked out, so maybe that's skewed my results.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:52 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

@Wulf

Yes, that's probably what makes the difference. One powerful character may be stronger than 6 weak ones :].
I'm going to have a break now. I'm just starting Civ IV and Halflife II. I'm planning to give it another try quite soon though as I'm quite interested in magic which I haven't tried at all (well, nearly - I casted only heal spell).
Also I left a lot unresolved quests, so my second way through (probably with full party) would be aimed on solving as much side quests as possible.

@dteowner
I would say that your party must be really powerful and the game is probably too easy for you as well.
The progress towards higher level is now very slow, so you will likely end up with level 41/42 or so.
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:48 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Finished up at level 44. A good time was had by all...
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:24 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

So dteowner

In the end - what was your take? Was the game too easy for you? I still havent started it....
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:48 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I wasn't really looking for an "edge of the seat" experience, so the difficulty wasn't that critical to me.

To answer the question, by 2/3 of the way thru the game, none of the standard critters could even scratch me. My combat mage got knocked unconscious on a regular basis, but I didn't really care since (between a highly boosted health regen and the help of my nature mage) she popped back up pretty quickly and her firepower wasn't that critical. The combat mage's "drown" spell was highly useful for crowd control, but once that spell was in place (autocast), her contributions weren't really that noticeable.

If you're looking for a deep RPG experience, DS2 will probably not cut it. If you're prepared for a relatively mindless gauntlet run on the level/loot treadmill, DS2 is great fun. Like I mentioned in another thread, this is the first game in a few years not named Wiz8 or NWN that I've actually finished. That's gotta count for something.

I plan to revisit the game in the future, which is also a vote of confidence since I don't generally replay games. I'll try a different party build (different archetypes, maybe pets, maybe non-melee main char) and see how it goes. I was frustrated with collecting 7/8 of the Loremal set and not having a shield user to put it on.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
I'm planning to give it another try quite soon though as I'm quite interested in magic which I haven't tried at all (well, nearly - I casted only heal spell).

Ok, so I did that. I'm going through for second time. This time with full party (4 members currently) and with combat mage as my main character.
I'm again quite enjoying it and it really has different flavour with full party on board. :]
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:08 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2