Members
Usergroups
Grimoire site is back
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Grimoire site is back

After about 5 months, the Grimoire site is back online today. The new URL is <a href="http://www.grimoiresystems.com/" target="_blank">http://www.grimoiresystems.com/</a>, and it offers an update of course:<blockquote><em>GRIMOIRE WEB SITE IS BACK ONLINE ONCE AGAIN <br> <br>Sorry about the long delay in getting the site back up. <br> <br>Work has been continuing on Grimoire for the entire time while the site was down. The bugs and issues produced by the pre-beta walkthrough have been whittled down somewhat, the NPC scripts are nearly finished for all 64 characters and much work has been done towards balancing the gameplay in the combat engine. <br> <br>The genie to the right is encountered after rubbing the rare magic lantern in the game. It is possible to play the entire game several times without ever actually finding the lantern. If we do find it, the genie can help us or hurt us depending on how we interact with him. There are many NPCs in the game, like the genie, who are completely optional and only available when we explore the world of Hyperborea thoroughly.</em></blockquote>The genie to the right? Click the above link to get to the site and watch it
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:00 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Good heavens! I had begun to doubt...
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:00 am
Ether

Scary thing is...

... that even after all this time, I'd still probably play the damn thing... Sigh.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:34 am

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I'll definitely get it, if/when it's released, if only to prove to my grandchildren that this game was finally made!! Oh, I don't have any grandchildren yet, my own children are still in high school!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:31 am
peterb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Come on. Grimoire will be released around the same time that pigs fly and hell freezes over.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:26 pm
Garrett

quote:
Originally posted by peterb
Come on. Grimoire will be released around the same time that pigs fly and hell freezes over.

Hey...did you see that? A pig...flying up straight from hell because it freezed over!

Seriously: Why should Cleve re-open a website and pay money for it, when there is no game??? Besides, I have seen the old demo, so there IS a game, seriously!
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:21 pm
niteshade

Well in all fairness, Cleve is very clearly at least mildly delusional, so it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he might open a website either for a non existant game, or one that he is realisticaly never going to complete.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:48 pm

Garrett

harsh words, niteshade. do you know him? are you a doctor? from all my emails with him i can tell he is quite normal, as am i or you...
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:30 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

You gotta love someone who keep gems like this up on the site
quote:
Our flagship project at the moment is the fantasy roleplaying adventure Grimoire, planned for a release in both retail and shareware in the Fall of 2002

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:25 pm
niteshade

Have you ever read some of his posts and discussions on his old site? He has talked about being part of a seperate geneticaly superior race (and no he wasn't joking) and several other gems as well. Many other things he claimed, while not as obviously false, are very suspect, leading some to think he may be a pathological liar. I'm not saying I agree or disagree and you can draw your own conclusion, but I will certainly say that almost anything he does or says must be met with a certain grain of salt at this point. On the plus side, some of the greatest artists were insane so if the product really does come out it could be quite interesting.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:00 pm

Cleve Blakemore

Struggling helplessly against restraining straps

quote:
Originally posted by niteshade
On the plus side, some of the greatest artists were insane so if the product really does come out it could be quite interesting.

This has always been the main thrust of my marketing efforts! That's the kind of exposure I need in the game community.

Thanks,
Your Pal,
Cleve
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:55 pm

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You can tell a guy is normal from his e-mails?You should be working for the F.B.I. Sia.You'd have more time to play games thats for sure.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:02 am
Garrett

methusala: Very funny! Since I never met Cleve in person, yes, I have to judge him by mails. I also doubt one can judge someone by mails, which goes for niteshade as well, that's why I said not to tell someone mad or whatever.

Cleve: Welcome
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:59 am
niteshade

Well there are times when you can judge somebody from an e-mail. If I e-mail you to tell you that I'm really Napolean, that aliens are transmitting secret messages directly into my head, and that the government is trying to kill me to keep the secret from getting out, then you might very easily assume that I'm a little bit delusional there. Of course you might also believe me, but that's another matter entirely .
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:19 pm

Cleve Blakemore

Interesting Straw Man

quote:
Originally posted by niteshade
Well there are times when you can judge somebody from an e-mail. If I e-mail you to tell you that I'm really Napolean, that aliens are transmitting secret messages directly into my head, and that the government is trying to kill me to keep the secret from getting out, then you might very easily assume that I'm a little bit delusional there. Of course you might also believe me, but that's another matter entirely .

Except I never wrote you an email claiming I was Napoleon, or that people were transmitting secret messages into my head or that the government was trying to kill me to keep the secret getting out.

It's easier to make up a straw man and attack it, than to actually think, isn't it?
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:35 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next