Ch. 6 Expert Needed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ch. 6 Expert Needed

hey all, I am still in the room where there are two rooms with levers that raise the gates in other rooms. I have two blue lights but whatever I have tried thats all I can light.what could I be doing wrong? Even played the room with the gas. please detail any response thanks
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:14 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

In the Keymaster's System, eh?

The easiest way (IMO) to think of this: in the two rooms with levers & gears, push down the the levers in each room to raise the gates in the two "step up" chambers. Deal with the monsters and puzzles in each (to get two blue lights). Then go back to the lever/gear rooms and bring the levers back up in each room. This will raise the gates in the "step down" chambers. Again deal with the monsters and puzzles to finally get four blue lights. When you get the last blue light a fifth column will rise and allow you to open the big door in front of you.

If you are having problems with a specific puzzle, let us know which one (describe the situation, so we're sure we're talking about the same chamber) and we'll try to help.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:26 am
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
In the Keymaster's System, eh?

The easiest way (IMO) to think of this: in the two rooms with levers & gears, push down the the levers in each room to raise the gates in the two "step up" chambers. Deal with the monsters and puzzles in each (to get two blue lights). Then go back to the lever/gear rooms and bring the levers back up in each room. This will raise the gates in the "step down" chambers. Again deal with the monsters and puzzles to finally get four blue lights. When you get the last blue light a fifth column will rise and allow you to open the big door in front of you.

If you are having problems with a specific puzzle, let us know which one (describe the situation, so we're sure we're talking about the same chamber) and we'll try to help.
hi again, I pulled down levers in both rooms and gartes went up in both lower rooms nothing happened when I went in.than tried both rooms with the levers up ,both upper room gates went up. nothing what is wrong?
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:10 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Try to be more specific.

When you've opened a new room, cq let a gate go up or down. Go into that room and look for buttons. They're very easy to find so that shouldn't be a problem.

Every time you've killed everything in one of these four rooms and you've pressed the three buttons correctly then there will be a large stone switch coming out of the floor. Turn it to get a switch in the central room. A blue light on a stone. So when you've done all of the rooms there'll be 4 of these switches. Press them and a fifth one will come out of the ground, with this onse you can open the door.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:33 am
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Try to be more specific.

When you've opened a new room, cq let a gate go up or down. Go into that room and look for buttons. They're very easy to find so that shouldn't be a problem.

Every time you've killed everything in one of these four rooms and you've pressed the three buttons correctly then there will be a large stone switch coming out of the floor. Turn it to get a switch in the central room. A blue light on a stone. So when you've done all of the rooms there'll be 4 of these switches. Press them and a fifth one will come out of the ground, with this onse you can open the door.
hi sem, I was in all four rooms.I pressed the switches in all rooms including the room with the gas. I think my problem lies with the UPPER rooms where I cannot raise the post from the floor is there anything special about the upper rooms?there are three switches in each of the upper rooms and I have tried all possible combos.can this be a bug?ifso can I cheat my way past it? thanks
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Of course it can be a bug, but I never had any problems with that part of the game. I believe the right order is middle, right, left and middle, left, right. I don't know it for sure.
If you're absolutely sure that you have done all the combinations then I can't help you. Maybe you need to load him everytime you had a wrong code. It can be that you need to do it right at once and can't press them untill you have the right combination
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:37 am
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Of course it can be a bug, but I never had any problems with that part of the game. I believe the right order is middle, right, left and middle, left, right. I don't know it for sure.
If you're absolutely sure that you have done all the combinations then I can't help you. Maybe you need to load him everytime you had a wrong code. It can be that you need to do it right at once and can't press them untill you have the right combination
thanks sam, your suggestions were right on
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:53 am
mookmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I remember having this problem and doing all the combinations, then i came on here and asked and tried a pattern i was sure i had already tried and it worked so i'm not exactly sure how it works.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:07 am
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by mookmaster
I remember having this problem and doing all the combinations, then i came on here and asked and tried a pattern i was sure i had already tried and it worked so i'm not exactly sure how it works.
which is what I did as well and it worked perfectly.the players in this forum are great
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:21 am