How to defeat a lvl. 7 hogar?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Archaven
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How to defeat a lvl. 7 hogar?

How do i defeat a lvl. 7 hogar? I found one in Arnika Road with 412 hp. This is the only monster that i can't defeat with my lvl 7 and 6 party in this location. I tried paralyze/freeze fresh/sleep and I can't seem to kill it.
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:44 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You probably can't kill him just yet. You have two options- if you go to the edge of the "valley", you can run past him without him noticing you. The simple solution would be to head the opposite direction on the road and save his destruction for later.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:59 pm
otter
One of Us

Yah, you can go up to the edge of the cliff on the right side of the road (if you're heading North from the Monastery road, to the East) and there's a fold you can stand in and he'll go past on the road, then you can go on before he sees you.
If you've left the Monastery for the first time, you might have more fun if you go South now instead, but i went North my first (and second) time through and had a grand time myself...
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:49 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I found that hogars can be paralyzed effectively (freeze flesh), which you may have, and especially with freeze all (which your party isn't strong enough to have yet). My advice would be to wait for about 3 levels and come back. While the hogar isn't really a "guardian", he does serve as a warning you're headed for a little tougher territory.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:03 am
otter
One of Us

But only the "fixed" encounters are tough here, and you can avoid them all easily if you stay off the roads.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
>
>
if you do go this way, you can get to the Umpani camp, which is suited to a younger party.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:00 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had to reload several times but killed him. Im also set on hard.

The tactic I used was terror. I cast fear on him from my gadgeteer and my magician every single round, and for short periods of time and wore him away while he was running back and forth. I needed 2 sources in case he resisted which he did a couple times.
Try out fear paralyze and sleep on him every turn thats the only way, you wont be able to go toe to toe with a 400 hp thing when your guys have 60 hp apeice. Hes only 1 thing though.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:08 am