Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do I get out of sewers in beggining?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

How do I get out of sewers in beggining?

I helped the prisoner in the next cell escape, jumped down the trap door thingy, went through a maze of sewer and ended up meeting up with the other prisoner again, right when a large goblin lord or whatever attacked me. I killed the Lord. I took the "stick," which appears to be the lever that broke off the switch where a lever should be. The door I entered through has closed, there is another one like it that is also closed. Theres a peculiar dead end blocked by a wall of rocks, appearing to be evidence of a cave-in. Lastly, theres a large silver door thats locked with a stone in the wall next to it. The stone says, "reserved." I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but how do I get out? What do I do next? I spent a good 45 minutes trying to find a way out. Instructions anyone? Please?

Three more notes: I removed a heavy stone from the ceiling near the dead end I spoke of. I noticed in the room with the broken lever and the large silver door, theres an opening on the ceiling. It appears to be evidence that the floor up above caved in. I tried jumped up inside. No luck there. There is also two wooden structures on the wall in that very same room. Just under the caved in ceiling. They appear to be urinals for very tall people. I'm sure thats not what they are, but what are they?

P.S. I tried following the instructions after getting my first two runes. I attempted to lite a torch that was unlit on the wall. No luck. I either couldn't get my spell off, or the torch can't be lit. Am I supposed to lite the torches in my inventory? Or can I only lite the unlit ones on the walls?

P.S.S. Is it lite or light? SP? "Unlit" SP?? Darn, my dictionary doesn't specify. Feel free to correct my spelling. SP = spelling

Gothic's Loyal City Guard, SirDeity
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:29 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: How do I get out of sewers in beggining?

quote:
Originally posted by SirDiety
II killed the Lord. I took the "stick," which appears to be the lever that broke off the switch where a lever should be.

Put the stick on the lever and then use the lever. The gate should open
HTH
Ð
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:45 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Somewhere from where you are there is a dark cave (you can light up the torches to help see). You have to follow this cave/tunnel/corridor to another room with the elevator/structure. There is a side path leading off from the main route. Maybe there is extra equipment in there?
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:47 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

If magic isn't working for you, it means you haven't put the runes in your spellbook yet. Highlight them and press ENTER. The key for the other room, is in a secret chamber at the foot of the little elevator. Ask if you want more help on that.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:59 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

How do I put the stick on the lever? When I put the stick on my cursor, it just has a big red X mark on the stick, indicating I can't use it. If I lift it high enough, a large blue arrow pointing up shows. When the arrow is showing, if I release the mouse button, the stick is thrown. Same thing with stones and rocks. Earlier when I had to connect the rope to the elevator I just remember seeing a gold symbol thingy appearing, indicating that I could use the rope here. I did, and went up the elevator. I'm stuck in the area with the Lord guy I killed. The cell prisoners next to me is with me. Two paths lead to locked bars. One leads to a dead end where the pathway is caved in. And the last one would be the silver door I spoke of. Is there something I need to do to the lever before I can re-attatch it to where it should be?? Or is there another way out?
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:18 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Oh. I was lost. I think to use the stick as a lever you don't drag it but double click it to use it and then put that "use icon" over the slot for the lever.

Or maybe you are stuck where there is a corridor that you have to walk up steps. As you enter the corridor to go up or down an icon will appear on the top side of the screen. You then have to go into cursor mode and click the icon with the hand-cursor. I remember that took me a while to figure out in the beginning.

Hard to say. Maybe it is the steps thingie.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:34 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by SirDiety
How do I put the stick on the lever?

If I remember correctly (it's been a long time since I played this) you first double click on the stick and click on the broken lever. Get close enough to the lever first.That'll put the stick on the lever. Then move your mouse over the lever, and when it lights up, press ENTER or F. This should 'USE' the lever.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:17 pm
Lordof_Destruction
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Double click on the wooden stick and then onto the broken lever (the slot). You will now have fixed the lever. Double-click the lever again to open the door. There - piece of cake!
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:22 pm