Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can you create your own hero for Gothic?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

will do
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:57 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok but if it's in german then how do I understand it? if you could write your own read me and email to me Wulf that would be well appreciated!
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:05 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Killerofevills II,

Nobody held my hand when i first started messing with the files, i had to learn by myself, you can do it, and i did give a hint:-

[/quote]Open Goman, look in say, Gothic/data/textures.vdf/compiled click on any file on the left side and the graphic will show on the right, then export to where-ever, manipulate/alter then save, then copy, then back to goman, then go to the graphic of the desired to be changed, then click the floppy disk
icon on the menu, the new graphic will superimpose, then, left click on the file,
then select "durch bildbuffer" then it will have been put in the vdf volume, its all done for you, now start Gothic and wait till you start to laugh.[/quote]
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:32 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well you could start a new tradition I suppose to all new people that join the site anyway I'll try it later today.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:16 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Killerofevills II,

I have opened the gate for you into the world of file manipulation, spread your wings and see what you can find, we are all here to help as best we can.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:29 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

World of manipulation? lol, anyway I got Goman to work, thanks alot Wulf but I got 1 question:...where do you find the files to manipulate?
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:06 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k,

In goman, which is best maximised to screen, open the folder icon (bottom/left) and locate your Gothic folder, open data (not work/data) locate and double click "textures.vdf.
Go to "compiled" at the bottom an ckick, in the upper left menu you will see the full list of
of Gothic textures of the .TEX type. Click on any file and the graphic will appear on the right,
When you've decided which file you want to work with (with it still highlighted) select "datei" then export to anywhere/e.g desktop. As you do this export make sure you select the type of graphics format you wish to use, jpg is o.k but i find tga is good (truevision-targa)
Remember that these files are like a "painted-skin" that covers the "relevent-mesh" - -
Manipulate the file as you wish, in a graphics program, i use PaintShopPro, but Photoshop is also good,. when you have the desired effect, save the file.
At this point you could copy the file you wish and come out of the graphics program, go back to, or open Goman, get back to the graphic of the file you exported (or any other similar file, but be careful not to put a painted skin on an incompatible mesh) then on the window menu you will see the clipboard menu icon (just right of floppy disk icon) is more well defined (it is active) If you click the clipboard icon the graphic in the mem' will flood the previous graphic, you may wish to only swap graphics, whatever.

With the graphic on the right now as you want it, right click on the highlighted file in the left/upper menu, a small list of four instructions will appear, select, ersetzen (durch bildbuffer) left click and o.k. it is now "set" in the vdf file.

Run the Gothic game and see what a mess you've made, or maybe something good?
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:57 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hey Wulf, is ther anyway to load other costumes from characters in other games?
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:01 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Woaaagh!,

Killerofevills II, your brain cogs are turning, your getting "creative"

Well, you can interchange with G2 costumes, but again only onto the relevent mesh, e.g put a HUM file skin on a human, there again, do as i do "paint" your own, clone off one onto another (mix & match) anything as long as it fits onto the shape or contour of the model.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:29 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lol I made my character a female named Bob and attacks with a fan which is pretty funny so anyway you can change the voice?
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:08 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Killerofevills II,

Hmmm, you named him Bob? how did you make his-er!/her name "stick"?

In edit abilities, ajust voice pitch, but it does not "stick" it can be done by editing the text but that is out of my "line" of tricks, (very deep).

Goman can be used to export .wav files but can't paste on import, but if you installed the VDFSexe tool by Nico, you could "expand"/insert/swap/tweek/
etc' etc' so maybe you could put in your own few speech files, if you see
what i mean
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:49 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

This is all good...i dabbled in making new armour sins a while back...its fun but i never tried modelling and iv got a 3 day weekend so maybe ill give it a shot...In Visi gothic or something i noticed ur guy is alot more stocky..i assume this i just a case of renaming some meshes?

Wulf..iv edited a skin but its for a stockier mesh than that of the normal char..can u plz explain how i replace the normal chars boday and head meshes with the relevent meshes that will be compatible with these textures? A take by the hand and lead guide would be great..just for that aspect! Thx
Post Sat May 01, 2004 5:55 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Eat_Lead,

Sorry for the delay, I'm getting "hammered" by various viruses/trojans etc'
and can only answer quickly as i am ctrl/alt/del 'ing to write this, it will be corrected soon (i hope).

The Model thing you require is not to easy, and i personally don't go that "deep" - - these anims and other files get "called" to by deep down game codes. The best tricks are to swap files but keep the names as original.

Gothic is better than G2 for this, because Goman helps you "i.d" the files, its up to you to trial and error, its the only way to try?

The original Vdfs.exe tool (early version) is for Gothic and can swap/delete and unpacks the files easily, then rebuild, but it is tedious to those without critical logic knowledge (that includes me )

What say you?
Post Mon May 03, 2004 11:19 am
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

This Goman program is getting pretty interesting. I've had alot of fun with it, such as make Gomez's armor a bikini, make my hero fat like hell and make lester's voice squeeky, made Milten's Robe pink, made Diego's bow all crude and made Gorn's Axe chipped. Man, I'm having fun
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:25 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

lol! I'm currently messing about with textures too...although ill have to w8 til next weekend before i can start properly
Post Mon May 03, 2004 8:35 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next