Usergroups
Gothic 3 - E3 Trailer @ Gamers Hell
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

No, it doesn't really matter at all. Why did everyone refer to it as The Guild engine (modified) rather than just saying Gamebryo for heaven's sake?
Post Fri May 12, 2006 9:29 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I bet The Guild 2 fans want to know why the heck itīs always refered to as the Gothic 3 engine (modified).

Maybe somebody decided early on that they wanted to talk about it as their own engine, because they used Gamebryo to get a head start and then replaced or modified just about everything to suit their needs.
The Guild 2 is the same publisher, so thatīs unproblematic.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 9:35 am
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

G 3 trailer!!!

OMFG!!!

Sorry. I just mean that I'm so impressed with the trailer. I just can't believe that the game is on its way this year... If only it does come out this year.

Anyway. I could feel the pain in the dominated humans minds. We could see it in their eyes. Their eyes were empty. Their hope gone. They glittered no more.

It really felt as if they had been conquered. The land seemed dark and grey. They had been driven out of their homes, the cities, to be exiled in the plains or the mountains.

You guys, I can't wait for the game. Even though my computer specs are too low, Oblivion laaaggggs, I'm still gonna buy the game and play it the logical way : KILL ALL THE ORCS (while wearing the Ulu Mulu).

(\__/) Help pink-hippo realise his dream
(o.O ) of Bunny world domination.
(> < )
Post Fri May 12, 2006 10:55 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Holy crap...

I don't know why some of you are saying the trailer is boring. Darn you rpgdot for posting this newsbit. How can I possibly get my good night sleep today?! But to say something pertinent for a change from my part... I loved the fact that the game seems to have stayed TRUE to it's roots. The atmosphere totally reminds me of gothic 1 and yet feel totally new. My favorite scene was the one, where some man was roasting meat on the fireplace.Thats just so gothic. And oh boy did you see those TROLLS! How on earth can anyone stop something like that?!
Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:00 am

btw, a pure ingame video with some german commentary can be downloaded here on gamestar

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/e3/2006/publisher/index.php?publisher=Jowood

click on "zum video download" right at the bottom of the site. 60 mb.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 2:36 pm

ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The engine is based on Gamebryo? No occlusion? Wonderful

I was vaguely hoping it would be smoother than Oblivion. Oh well.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 2:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Me and some friends watched this together today (all hardcore Gothic fans), and we all agreed - not very impressive compared to the videos shown of Dark Messiah and NWN2. Still, is that surprising? Like Gorath said, all Gothic videos are of poor quality really.

Despite the fact that the video is boring (no longer fights, just bits and pieces of this and that) I like what I see. The "dark" feeling of Gothic 1 seems back again, and that is great news indeed.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I've watched trailer through few dozen times by now and...

I have to agree that the trailer may not have much of an impact on someone who has never played gothic games. The drama is almost non-existent. Maybe they should have hired outside help for the e3 trailer. The most severe problem with this trailer is that it merely shows in-game material from random parts of the game. First of all the images we saw should have been more related to eachother and to text . For example why do they show a random digger, when there is a text: "A kingdom will fall". Secondly the pace itself is way too slow.

Not all bad though. I love music and in-game scenes are really cool and beautifull . The problem is just that they don't work very well drama-wise.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 10:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2