BD question - how to open locked entrances
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

BD question - how to open locked entrances

On Level 1 Battlefields, there are 3 entrances to seperate underground dungeons. The 2 most Eastern are locked. Anyone discover how to unlock either of them yet?
Post Sun May 16, 2004 2:11 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

You need to find Battlefields keys. Each of them gives you access to a certain level. When you find a Battlefields key level 2 then you have access to level 1 and 2 (just in case you missed the first key).

Each act has its own set of keys. So the keys from Act 1 are useless in Act 2.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun May 16, 2004 11:31 am
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks, Myrthos. The answer was also found in the BD manual, which I of course had failed to read in detail.

But lo, I have yet another problem with locked entrances, and hopefully you can help again (I promise the answer is not found in the manual).

I just got to the level where deathknights are patrolling the halls. I have made my way to a large room with 4 levers in each corner, after which pulling all of them completes the sentence "beware of the traps" and opens a locked door on the NW side of the room.

However, there are two doors next to each other on the northern wall of the room that I just can't find a way to unlock, and I could not find another entrance to the area behind the locked doors anywhere else. Any hints?
Post Wed May 19, 2004 8:39 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

There is a named NPC nearby who can open that area for you.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 1:54 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Val
There is a named NPC nearby who can open that area for you.

Sorry, but that did not solve the problem. The only NPC I can find who offers any help is an Imp who tells me that I can avoid the soldiers in the large room by finding the correct levers in another room found through a false wall. I found that room ok, but I have pulled every combination of the four levers and nothing happens -- I even try pulling the 5th far right lever that the Imp warned about (it only seems to release a gargoyle) without success. No door that I can see opens nearby, nor is there any cutscene showing me a door being unlocked in another area.

So I'm not sure how the Imp is supposed to open the area of rooms behind the group of guards in the large room for me. More detailed help here would be most welcome.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:05 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Are you refering to these doors:

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:46 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, exactly. Thanks, Val.

However, I discovered much for myself over the weekend. One of these discoveries was the importance of wearing Citadel Armor on this level, so as to be mistaken for a new recruit, blend in, and allow actual conversations with guards. You see, I didn't initially choose to do that, figuring I didn't need to rely on stealth tactics for success -- my big friend and I would simply take out anyone who tried to stop us. And that's exactly what happened -- we mowed everyone down on that level. Problem was, as I discovered later, I missed out on some side quests and extra experience, including access to the area behind those locked doors (the Parcours)!

My only complaint remains that the levers the Imp talks about, which I mistakenly thought were connected to opening the locked doors of the Parcours, did not reveal which door became unlocked after finding the correct combination ala a quick cut scene, which normally occurs under those circumstances.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, Val! I hope you didn't have to spend to much time getting back to an area you've long since departed to take that great screen shot!
Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:32 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

No sweat. I have a whole catalog of save games from BD for as far into the game as I could get, which was the end of Act 1. Darn crashes.
Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:03 pm