View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
booyah_boy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'll chuck my opinion in here quickly as someone who is not a Gothic fan:
Buy Gothic II.

I have been attempting - for many, many months now - to get into the Gothic series, and yet that appeal that has charmed so many is lost on me. I blame the odd interface, and my console-junkie years (which accounts for roughly ninety-percent of my life as a gamer), however, having purchased a copy of both, I can honestly say - despite the problems Gothic and Gothic II continue to present - Dungeon Lords is the only one of the two I regret having purchased.
Again, go with Gothic II.

...or skip them both and get Arx Fatalis. Now that's my kind of game!
Post Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Re: Gothic 2 or dungeuns lord?

quote:
Originally posted by sebcore
Hi i played gothic 1 like 2 years ago and to this day i think i never played a game as good as that..Now im looking to buy Gothic 2but i tryed dungeuns lord not long ago just for like an hour and i was really impressed by it too.So what game of those 2 should i get?(or someting els if theres something like them)TX

Gothic2!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed May 10, 2006 2:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2