Getting oast Rancor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Getting oast Rancor

I havent touched this game for ages and im still quite near the start....I have come across a Rancor by a pile of bodies...I have some smelly stuff....3 items I think, but they are unequippable. How do I get past this thing....harsh language doesnt seem to work

Regards,

Hex

ps

First popst for ages...lost job...redundancy...now doing taxi driving...lots of unsociable hours etc...hope you are all OK.....looking forward to KULT by the way
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:51 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You have to have someone in stealth mode sneak up to the pile of corpses, place a grenade in the pile, and then the rancor food odor.

Then stand back and laugh.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:49 pm
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I will try that...thanks Xen

Regards,

Hex
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:21 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is possible to kill the rancor face to face, and you get more experience.

However I dont recall how you kill him. I think with mines
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:56 am
PIZZA THE HUTT
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Killing The Rancor

You can get by the rancor by running past it into the doorway at the end of the room (the one it's standing by when you walk in). First, make sure you're well stocked up with frag grenades, and any other damage inflicting grenades you can get hold of. Then put your main character into Solo mode, this will stop your other players from attracting unwanted attentions when you first enter the room. Also, load up on stims if you have them, this will increase your speed. When you enter and see the rancor, disengage from attacking it (with your White button), and go pick the items in the rubble on the floor. From here, I usually sneak a frag grenade up it's arse (while it's back is turned) and it will then see you and run at you. Quickly disengage from Combat mode (with your B button - the red one) and as it comes for you, move forward, and run like hell! If you keep a good distance, you can circle around the edge of the room and head for the doorway. Once in the doorway, turn around to face it. The rancor can only get so close, so if you keep your distance here it can't touch you. The next part is easy, just let rip with your grenades until it drops. And presto! One dead rancor. Disengage the Solo mode and your other characters will come running. Now you can move forward into the Vulkar base. Hope that's helpful, if a bit of a mouthful;
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:20 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I actually threw grenades at it for a LONG time to no effect. I prefer bombing it from the inside out.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm