Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
does it break the treasure quest when...?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
labyrinthian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

does it break the treasure quest when...?

I used the emerald on the chest, receiving the note. However, I did it before I read the sign in the pub (yes, walkthrough guilty). So then there was no note in the troll caves. Really, not there. I know where to look. Scoured those stones. Moved em. Everything. Then I read the sign in the pub, and this caused the quest to appear in my log, telling me to go and use the emerald. Can't do it again. Won't let me. Ever hear of this before?

BTW, if I can get it to work, do I use the shovel on the ground below the ladder or up on the scaffolding above the ladder?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:16 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I've been answering questions on Arx both here and at the JW forums for a LONG time, and this is the first time I've seen this one. Sorry, but I have no idea if you can get the quest to work properly. Hopefully, it will.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:17 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: does it break the treasure quest when...?

quote:
Originally posted by labyrinthian
I used the emerald on the chest, receiving the note. However, I did it before I read the sign in the pub (yes, walkthrough guilty). So then there was no note in the troll caves. Really, not there. I know where to look. Scoured those stones. Moved em. Everything. Then I read the sign in the pub, and this caused the quest to appear in my log, telling me to go and use the emerald. Can't do it again. Won't let me. Ever hear of this before?

BTW, if I can get it to work, do I use the shovel on the ground below the ladder or up on the scaffolding above the ladder?

I did things in the right order. First I read the note on the wall in the bar. Then I put the emerald in the chest. But I still can't find the note under the stones.

Where are you looking? I turned over every stone in room 41 on level 3. Side quest write up says that's where to go next. No note there. However Level 3 map says room 50 has the note under the stone. That room is way down on the south east of the map by the teleporter. It is hard to tell how far up the wall room 50 is. I got near that spot on three levels of level 3 going around the teleporter. None of them had a stone under which to look.

Please tell me exactly where you are looking. Thanks. BTW, does anyone know what the note says? I doubt it, but I may have found it earlier. I was through room 42 on level 3 before trying this.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:52 am
labyrinthian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the treasure hunt

Judging from the enormous number of people who can't find the troll mine note, and the fact that most of them (us) are using later patches of the game, or so I surmise, I think it might be a break in the later patches. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, I searched where you searched, but hardest where those four stones are in the the troll cave. The note never did appear, and no amount of stone moving was a remedy. But, it turns out my quest wasn't broken completely. I had to go to the place where the treasure was and dig. Of course, I had to use the walkthrough, but hey, them's the breaks. Kinda stinks that so much of the game just can't be done exactly correctly w/o the walkthrough.

Anyway, if you don't find that note, the next note won't appear, and that note won't appear without finding the previous note.\

And another thing, for all that hunting, the treasure kinda sucks. I didn't even use it, though of course the XP was nice.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:48 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: the treasure hunt

quote:
Originally posted by labyrinthian
Judging from the enormous number of people who can't find the troll mine note, and the fact that most of them (us) are using later patches of the game, or so I surmise, I think it might be a break in the later patches. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, I searched where you searched, but hardest where those four stones are in the the troll cave. The note never did appear, and no amount of stone moving was a remedy. But, it turns out my quest wasn't broken completely. I had to go to the place where the treasure was and dig. Of course, I had to use the walkthrough, but hey, them's the breaks. Kinda stinks that so much of the game just can't be done exactly correctly w/o the walkthrough.

Anyway, if you don't find that note, the next note won't appear, and that note won't appear without finding the previous note.\

And another thing, for all that hunting, the treasure kinda sucks. I didn't even use it, though of course the XP was nice.

Thanks. I guess that means go to room 50 of level 3 and dig. I think that is about halfway up the wall near that pyramid. Thanks again.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:05 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Digging

You will want to leave your shovel in your inventory and just point to it and hit the F key. Keep walking around doing that to get the (prize). This has been confusing for a lot of people who do this quest. Hope you find it.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:54 pm