Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Dilapidation Bids Farewell

Dan posted this message over at Bloodlines @ Dilapidation
quote:
Originally posted by Dan
That's right - GameSpy have reactivated PlanetVampire, given it a facelift for Bloodlines and, I'm proud to announce, have asked me to take the reins.

Naturally I jumped at the chance. Running PlanetVampire offers many benefits over this current site. The bandwidth problems that have been plaguing dilapidation.com since the release will not be a problem anymore, we'll have virtually unlimited hosting for files should they appear and a hell of a lot more security which is critical as highlighted by the recent attack on the forums.

What does it mean for this site? Well, I'm going to pull the plug on Bloodlines @ dilapidation.com

It's going to be tough - this site has been my baby for the last year and a half but it simply makes better sense to have only one site as THE domain for Vampire related goodness on the net. I will start by putting a freeze on new account registrations and over the next week I will be closing off the forums one by one to give anyone with a running conversation a chance to get some closure. I apologise to people to have only recently joined this site and were just starting to settle in.

You will need to register on the PlanetVampire forums to post there but I've copied the layout of the forums on this site so people will feel more at home.

Some of you have been coming here for quite some time. You all know me and you all know the kind of ship I like to run. I can assure you the same standard of administration at PlanetVampire.

At the end of the day its not the domain or the colour scheme or any of those cosmetic things that made this site so great -- it was all of us from around the world who came here and built an awesome community. I invite everyone to frequented this site, both old and new, to join me at PlanetVampire and make this community bigger and even better.

A pity. I liked that site.
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:29 pm