Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What should I choos? Imperial Legion, cult or fighter guild?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

What should I choos? Imperial Legion, cult or fighter guild?

Iv just started this new charakter... He is a Stealt-Worior / a Marksman,shortblader,Light-armored Thif/rogue-like guy...
But I dont know what the hell to choos, Ive just met "Caius Cosades" and he gave me an order to join... you know the rest...
But I was wondering, what is best for a "Stealt-Worior" to choos? What do I get the moust experience from. Where do I get the biggest bonuses and so on...

2 small thing to go... If I choos Imperial Legion, where is "Gnisis"?
And Is there annything else I can join?
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:48 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You can join all three of those guilds you mentioned, if you want. Their story lines fit well with each other.

Fighter's Guild story line has an interesting split part way through.
Imperial Cult has some good rewards -- especially the higher level Oracle quests.
Imperial Legion -- well, I don't remember anything particularly interesting about that one. But it was a long time ago.

Considering the stealth of your character, you may also be able to join the Thieves Guild and/or Morag Tong.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:35 pm
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

where can I find thievs guild? and what is Morag Tong?
hey by the way, I found that dead guy (southwest from "Sayen need" [spelling?])... Im trying to find the guy that killed him, I went to talk to the guy that you talk to to choos your class. Then I talked to some ppl in town, that lead me to the chick in the Fire tower. NOW, she tould me about the "fight" the dead guy and a dude had. I tried to find him, but unfoutenatly. I killed him yesturday just 4 fun... what do I do now? is it posible to get the reward from the class choosing guy? or wasent it the guy I killed that killed the dead guy? (that sounded stupid)
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:07 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It sounds like you're playing for the game for the first time. Great! Have some fun with it.

Ask around about the guilds. Some people will tell you where to join. Caius has good information about each one, also, including some hints that may be helpful in how to handle some of the guild requests.

The tax collector quest has a few different endings. If you've already killed the correct person, that should end the quest with you keeping whatever he stole. You may have to go back and talk to the head excise official to completely close the quest.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:52 pm
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

ops... I sold all hiss stuff... but I dont think there was ennything spesial on him... though I killed him befor I found the dead guy... (there I go again) :p It will work out probably... but no matter, its not a main quest ennyhow...
But back to the guild stuff... I think I remember being able to talk to Caius about the Morag Tong thing on my ould save... But dont I have to hear about the Morag Tong some where first? if so... where can I do that?
Btw... thx 4 your help so far...
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:00 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The Morag Tong has offices in most large cities, like Balmora. Ask about joining there.

IIRC, that will yield some vague information that you'll have to use to actually find someplace or someone else, etc., etc., etc.

If you want more concrete specifics, either ask in the Spoilers forum or look at a walkthrough.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:18 pm
Santera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by mongoliat

But back to the guild stuff... I think I remember being able to talk to Caius about the Morag Tong thing on my ould save... But dont I have to hear about the Morag Tong some where first? if so... where can I do that?
Btw... thx 4 your help so far...

You may join all available guilds in the game (and become the head of each guild except Blades and Ashlanders). In order to join the Morag Tong you must find their secret hideout
Spoiler:
located in Vivec, Arena, lower part, the Storage Area, look for a hidden trapdoor.

You'll be able to receive some info on the location of the Morag Tong Headquarters from the people in Vivec.
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:51 am
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

thx again...
but hey, what is Morag Tong? Is it like a thieves guild? fighting guild? or what?
btw. my wood-elvens Stealt-worior owns... havnt batled that much but I can see that he's good...
Oh and guys... you know the tomb at the coast near Saya need. I mett som Ansesteral Gousts there... how can I kil them with out Destruktion spells? Is there like a wapon or medaljon that kan make physikal attacks affect them?
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:32 pm
Santera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by mongoliat
thx again...
but hey, what is Morag Tong? Is it like a thieves guild? fighting guild? or what?

You may find some info on the Morag Tong in the abovementioned in-game books and other texts related to the game.

Savant?s Note On Vvardenfell,Dunmer Culture,House Wars:

"By the immemorial custom of Dunmer society, a House may challenge the honor of another House in the person of one of the House's ranking nobles. The ranking noble of the impugned House is 'marked for death' -- in ancient times, actually formally marked with a black banner, but in modern times, served with a formal written public announcement. If within a year of the challenge, the marked noble still lives, the challenging House must publicly forego any further complaint or scandal on the matter.

Only a ranking challenging noble or a Morag Tong may attack the marked noble; in modern times, Houses routinely engage Morag Tong. This custom permits Houses to war upon one another on a small scale without threatening public peace and rule of law. Such violent disputes among Great Houses are called 'House Wars.'

Codes of behavior under House Wars of Honor are complex and subtle, and the Morag Tong specialize in the honorable and legal prosecution of these factional vendettas. House Wars are expensive, dangerous, and disruptive to all Houses involved, but on the island of Vvardenfell alone, a dozen or more Marked Challenges are being prosecuted at any time.

The Morag Tong is an assassins guild sanctioned by the Empire to provide three varieties of execution: public executions, private executions, and House Wars executions. Constrained by ancient traditions and rigid codes of conduct, the Morag Tong only recruits candidates of proven skill and honor. Morag Tong only accepts legally approved contracts called 'writs,' but rumor hints at the execution of secret extralegal 'grey writs.' The Morag Tong is the sworn enemy of the Dark Brotherhood."

Also you may look through
-The Black Glove- the faction book for the Morag Tong.
-The Brothers of Darkness- the book on the Dark Brotherhood, contains a piece of the Morag Tong's history
-Skeleton Man's interview - interesting text concerning various questions on the Morrowind's culture ans customs, here you'll find a phrase "The Morag Tong is a tool in the hands of the Great Houses, in the unending competition for honor, glory and power. As long as the Tong (and the Houses) follow the Mephala Entente [Code of Peace - MN] laid down in ancient times, anyone may be marked, from the High Hlaalu himself to the lowliest Telvani serf."
-Source of Chaos- text, which is rather hard to understand, but also mentions the Morag Tong and its difference from the Dark Brotherhood.

Hope it helps.

quote:
btw. my wood-elvens Stealt-worior owns... havnt batled that much but I can see that he's good...
Oh and guys... you know the tomb at the coast near Saya need. I mett som Ansesteral Gousts there... how can I kil them with out Destruktion spells? Is there like a wapon or medaljon that kan make physikal attacks affect them?

You may kill ancestral ghosts with any weapon AFAIR. If they are too hard enemies for you now, wait a little and do some other quests, then return to that tomb when your char becomes more strong.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:10 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah, the Morag Tong is a "good" assassins guild. The missions are pretty fun, but I'm not the ninja, kill-for-money type of person. I liked the Imperial Legion quests the best, and it ends with you getting GREAT armor and a great sword. Plus I like working for the resident army.
Gnisis is in the North-East. You can get there from the Seyda Neen silt strider.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 pm
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thx...
I was thinkig of joining Imperial Legion... But Im a Medium Armor guy, and the armors you get from "I.L." Is Havy... (arent they)
About the quests: ok so Morag Tong is Assasin'like... What is Imperial Legion Quests like? maybe like the first qests in Melitia in Gothic 2?
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:42 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Santera
You may kill ancestral ghosts with any weapon AFAIR.
Only magic or silver will work.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:49 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The Imperial Legion's quests start simple, but usually involve something complicated. Later on in the quests, you'll be storming dungeons, saving people left and right, and generally being a helpful guard. It ends with you dueling for the Highest Rank. Really fun stuff, but be prepaired for some REALLY long walks.
And actually, in the beggining you get medium armor, but yes, their armor is heavy.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:29 am
Breton_mage
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You should join the thieves guild. They give easy quests at start and u get familiar with a lot of things in the game that are improtatn like stealing and sneaking and stuff. Try to get a high rank u'll also earn kinda much in thieves guild.

Good luck!

p.s u should all make mage characters magic owns all every normal thing can be done by magic twice as good.!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:33 am
mongoliat
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thx guys... Unfourtenaly Im not that type of player that can Go thrue a game with out testing the othere types of game play I can choos... (Like diffrent Races, Class and so on...) Im now experimenting diffrent types of Charakters... Enny good advice, example or such...?
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next