MP Co-op recommendations wanted
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

MP Co-op recommendations wanted

My wife has decided that she wants to play a Cooperative Multiplayer game with me, but I dont know of any good ones at the moment.

Her requirements are it has to be real-time and there should be a world to explore.

The last game we played like that which she enjoyed was Diablo II. It doesnt have to be similar to Diablo as long as it meets the requirements above.

I was looking at Sacred and it looks ok. Anyone have any comments on it?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated. (Remember, it doesnt have to be diablo like, as long as there is a world to explore, its realtime, and MP coop it will work).

Thanks in advance.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:10 am
Lord_Brownie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Neverwinter Nights is the obvoius choice. Lots to explore and you can go at your own pace. My wife and myself played through Balders Gate years ago, and we both enjoyed it. Sometimes we play a MMORPG like EQ, DoAc together. Havent tried Scared yet, so I would be interested in hearing about MP-coop in it.
LB
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:08 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Brownie
Neverwinter Nights is the obvoius choice. Lots to explore and you can go at your own pace. My wife and myself played through Balders Gate years ago, and we both enjoyed it. Sometimes we play a MMORPG like EQ, DoAc together. Havent tried Scared yet, so I would be interested in hearing about MP-coop in it.
LB
Although, technically, it's not realtime (plays pretty much like it, though), I would recommend NWN as well, but I'd mention that the campaigns (original NWN, SoU, and HotU) do strange things when played as multiplayer. No game-stoppers that I know of, but strange things nonetheless.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:59 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I have NWN but never played it in multiplayer.

I thought you had to have a dungeon master running the game to play that?

Are there any mods out there you recommend I install before trying it?
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:15 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Most modules do not require a DM. There are many folks here (for that matter, I could probably do it in a pinch) that can talk you thru the setup for a "private" multiplayer session. For a duo that can take their time to enjoy details, I'd look at the Penultima series. Fantastic stuff with a good sense of humor. Another fun little mod that Val introduced me to long ago is called "The Delve". That's a good one for beginners. Mostly hack-n-slash, but times when teamwork is far more effective than a "bull in the china shop" mad dash. All those mods and many, many more are available at nwvault. As you've probably noticed, RPGDot recently set up a NWN server. There might be ways to make use of those resources as well.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:37 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Thanks, I will look into that
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:09 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

If you want to try out an MP mod of NWN, send me a PM, and I'lltry to set one up for you on the Dot server. You both need your own version of the game patched to 1.62 and frequently you will need either the expansions, plus free downloadable haks such as CEP. Best place to discuss this might be the NWN game sever forum. The NFG also runs MP NWN games so check that out down there; we haven't seen you there in a LONG time.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:21 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah I know, I am not very attentive.

Its because the NFG threads dont show up on the front page forum activity, and thats where I always go. I only pop in for a split second, and I dont usualy have time to go searching through the forums, I just end up clicking the most active ones on the main page.

It would be nice if any private forums that you are a member of would have their own activity section on the main page. But I know thats probably a big hassle for little benefit.
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:52 pm