FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Siege Editor Experience
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread

Siege Editor Experience

Well, it's finally released, and making maps is much easyer than expected. True, scripting events and placing triggers etc is somewhat more difficult, but overall using the editor is a piece of cake (too bad making a map is so darn time consuming...)

I've got a remark and a question: first of all, I think there should be a small viewport in the editor in which the preselected texture/objects can be seen, before actually placing it in the world you're creating. Earth 2150 uses this aspect in its editor and it's very handy. Seeing that there are A LOT of textures and objects it can really get annoying having to use the "trial and error" method to obtain the one you want, so I think everyonewill agree that the viewport is a good idea. Let's just hope that the GPG people think so too.

Second, I'd like to ask the more experienced Mod-makers a few things:

-Is it possible to alter the Dungeon Siege singleplayer and Multiplayer maps in the editor, and if so, how?

In Stonebridge (singleplayer game), there are a couple of rough stone walls (about knee-high) near the mill. Has anyone found these in the editor? I only found the wooden fenches and a cheesy looking low brick wall.....

That's it for me (for now...)
Post Thu May 16, 2002 7:55 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

The ACTUAL siege editor is out? Where do i get it? I can only find the beta... and the beta... i cant find all the monsters and textures that were in the game....

Don't you feel better now?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:13 pm

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
The ACTUAL siege editor is out? Where do i get it? I can only find the beta... and the beta... i cant find all the monsters and textures that were in the game....

Well no.... I guess I didn't make myself clear...I was talking about the Beta-version! I think it could be a long time before the final version is released, since the are quite a number of bugs.

And you're right: not all the textures and monsters are in the beta version, I spent an hour trying to find a certain wall for a village I'm building but I couldn't find it. I also hope the GPG people will tap into the "texture viewport" idea.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:35 am

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

aye.... but so far the beta is pretty nice you have to admit, i made a playable area in 30 minutes.... but... where are all the monsters? all i can find are krug scavengers? are there others in the beta?

Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:07 pm
JadeDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
aye.... but so far the beta is pretty nice you have to admit, i made a playable area in 30 minutes.... but... where are all the monsters? all i can find are krug scavengers? are there others in the beta?

Yup, even at its current stage the editor is pretty good, I just love making my own realms, and this editor comes a long way in being able to do so. Currently I'm working on a farming village near a very, very large lake with several waterfalls.

About your "monster" question: the editor has two tabs, one "custom view" and one "main view". In the Main View there are a number of folders, and one of those is called "Game Objects". Within this folder you will find the "Actors" folder in which you can find the monsters.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 3:45 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

...... OOHHH I SEE IT THANKS!

Post Fri May 17, 2002 9:35 pm