Help Please
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Help Please

Okay, I just found out about gothic and I think it's a great game but I have three questions, would be happy if someone answered.

1. How to turn a page if you open a book?? I have tried many key combination but haven't managed for example in the first circle of magic book for example, or can't you turn page and there's only 3 spells in the book? anyone know?

2. Is there any way you can set a quick key to drink potions??!?!? the way it is now I have to enter the menu scroll to the potion menu and press action, to drink it. I always die before I have my weapon up again.

3. Is there any music on the world map? (around the camps for example), I get music in the old mine and the title screen, but none on the world map, not that it's a big deal with the birds shirping and everything just wanted to know.

Okay thanx if anyone answer!
BTW I know I picked a silly name
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:53 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Gothic, though a great game, is not without annoyances.

As far as I know, there is no way to turn the page in books. I have tried many things myself.

There is no way to set potions to a hotkey. This is a problem that is addressed in Gothic 2 (or so I am told).

You should get music in the world map. If you don't, it's a bug and you should download the patches (just make sure NOT to download the German patch). If that doesn't help, I don't know what will.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:37 pm
InHuMaN
City Guard
City Guard

about the music:

check your Audio setting to see what the volume is set at. sometimes the music is hard to hear in the world map. i think the developers didn't want people getting distracted by music and/or think that heavy background music is annoying
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:51 pm
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanx But Now I have one more question

*DOH* well, thank you InHuman it appears the music was there all along and I didn't hear it, I've now changed the sound setting and it works fine

As for turning pages in books, and drinking potions, that sucks!, I guess I'll save my ore and don't buy any books, and get strong enough to beat the monsters without any potions.

BY THE WAY!! I have another question does Harlot (the guy in the guru camp) have anything to do with the plot after the plot where you get him to replace that other (Ghorim?) guy? I'm woundering so I want find out like in chapter 5 or something that I have to start over.... HE FELL FROM A ladder and broke his neck *LOL* very funny that that could happen!!!!

My Best,
GG
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:02 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Yet another reason to know when to save in Gothic. The AI is sometimes just plain wacked. I'm not sure if you can complete the quest. Talk to Baal Orun. If he doesn't reward you for the quest, load an earlier saved game.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:59 pm