Neuro Hunter Revealed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Neuro Hunter Revealed

I'm not sure how a game makes it through development and gets released without <em>any</em> press but <a href="http://www.neurohunter.com/englisch/index.html" target="_blank">Neuro Hunter</a> seems to have done just that. Described as a cyberpunk action/RPG that "combines the best of Deus Ex, McGyver and System Shock" (McGyver?!), it appears to have been released in the UK and Germany back in September. The official site has quite a few screens and a trailer, along with a <a href="http://www.neurohunter.com/englisch/faq.html" target="_blank">FAQ</a>:<blockquote><em><b>Which genre does Neuro Hunter belong to?</b> <br>Neuro Hunter is a role playing game with action elements (60% RPG, 40% ACTION). <br> <br><b>Which features distinguish Neuro Hunter from other games?</b> <br>A cyberpunk RPG is something very special. The role playing game comprises a versatile story which does not get boring in the course of the game. This story consists of 36 main and 6 side quests, making for a playtime of about 50 hours. Another special feature of the game is the possibility to construct new objects from collected items as well as cyberbattles in the matrix - a kind of "game in the game". <br> <br><b>How many NPCs and opponents are present in the world of Neuro Hunter?</b> <br>There are 66 NPCs and 32 monsters (+ various subcategories). Monsters can even attack the player together with other monsters! <br> <br><b>What kind of drink would Neuro Hunter be?</b> <br>It would be a delicious cocktail made of System Shock 2, Deus Ex and Gothic - spiced with a good sip of Mac Gyver feeling, and garnished with a Matrix cherry.</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:57 am
Kolorabi

I bought this a while ago - actually I had pre-ordered it at play.com (took a chance on it because I really liked the sound of it). It's sort of... not so good, but still quite addictive... hard to describe, really, but when I played it I repeatedly found myself thinking "I really shouldn't like this game as much as I do".

Considering the price (£14.99 from Play.com), it's not such a bad purchase. But don't expect another Deus Ex.
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:01 am

abbaon

It looks flat. I won't play an FPRPG that won't let me skulk on balconies and walkways as the guards pass unsuspecting below me.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:21 am

Does anyone know whats the NEURO HUNTER CD-key?
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:31 pm

.Twinfalls

You can get the key right here, guest:

* URL deleted by mod *
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:43 pm

There isnt the CD-key?
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:49 pm

cant you tell me the CD-key right here in this forum?
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:13 pm

If you know whats the CD-key then please tell me
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:57 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

@.Twinfalls
We should really ban you from this forums for the link you posted. Even if you ment it only for the guest asking for CD-Key.

@Guest
Please don't ask for CD-Key. Buy the game if you want to play it.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:07 am
.Twinfalls

Danicek - sorry about that. I just figured a goatse was appropriate for someone who is so blatantly trying to pirate an independent game. But you're right, its not right for this forum. So I humbly apologise.

Thing is, I can't even post when logged in most of the time anyway...
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:41 pm

Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I reported this thread yesterday, seems the moderaters are on holiday.

Edit
I see its been cleaned up some, thanks.
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:41 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

.Twinfall
I'm always surprised when someone apologizes.
Btw, I think we have same opinion on so called pirates :].
And you can start a thread about your problems with not being able to post when logged in in RPGDot general forum.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:18 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
There isnt the CD-key?
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:42 pm

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The CD-key is OU812-MORON
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:03 pm