Ultima 6 Online - questions for Q&A needed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ultima 6 Online - questions for Q&A needed

We're planning on doing a quick Q&A with Galleon Dragon from the team doing Ultima 6 Online for UltimaDot. Drawing up a list of questions I was wondering if there was anything you guys here always wanted to know about that project. I'll be sure to include it into my list
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:07 pm
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Ultima 6 Online - questions for Q&A needed

quote:
Originally posted by OctarineDragon
We're planning on doing a quick Q&A with Galleon Dragon from the team doing Ultima 6 Online for UltimaDot. Drawing up a list of questions I was wondering if there was anything you guys here always wanted to know about that project. I'll be sure to include it into my list

(1) Will there be a cross-platform port of the game, say to Mac OSX or a Unix system, maybe Zaurus?

(2) If not, will the source code be released so that someone of a development-minded nature might make the port themselves?

WtFD
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:11 am
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Cool - someone discovered my old Q&A questions thread. Thanks, WtF

Now if I get a couple more, I'm really going to have to do that Q&A...
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:20 pm
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thought of another couple:

(3) Another online Ultima game, Ultima Legacy, is based on UO and as such the world can be changed and modified — houses can be constructed and then sold, for example. There are now a number of Ultima 6 editors in open release — would it be possible for those who administer the game to periodically update the world with new structures, houses for players, etc. Houses could be bought-and-sold much like ships, with each house having its own unique key that only the purchasing player would have. Then you'd just need to add an NPC in each town with houses for sale that acts as the "real estate agent" and sells house deeds & keys.

(4) Will there be the opportunity to expand the plot beyond the normal end of the game? What I'm getting at is...could we reasonably expect to play on through the history of Britannia into the events in the 200 years betwen Ultima 6 and Ultima 7? This is again harkening back to Ultima Legacy, in which the history and events of the world do change periodically, and the plot develops new twists.

WtFD
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 pm
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Keep 'em coming... !

(I know I said 'a couple' but I don't want to stop you just yet now that the questions are finally flowing in.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:59 am
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by OctarineDragon
Keep 'em coming... !

(I know I said 'a couple' but I don't want to stop you just yet now that the questions are finally flowing in.

Well, hopefully some other people will add to this! I don't want to write the whole interview!

Just kidding — you've probably got your own ideas to work with as well.

(5) Will player interaction include the ability to trade goods?

(6) If yes to questions 3 AND 5, will players be able to operate shops?

(7) If yes to 6, could the shopowner players be given the ability to create goods for sale? I don't know what kind of system could be implemented to do this — perhaps the Britannian government could issue licenses of sale for different kinds of goods, and in buying the license for...say...swords, it adds the option for people who talk to you to ask about buying swords. Provided you're "open for business", you could then sell them one. Not quite the same as in UO, where you can build all the stuff yourself, but still effective.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:16 pm
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Another one:

(8...is it 8 now?...yes, it is) In Ultima 6, you could play lutes and harpsichords. Can these instruments be played in U60, anc can other players hear it when one plays them? If so, will I be able to be a travelling bard who can beg for money on the roadside...and will other players actually be able to give me said money?
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:56 pm
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

All right, all right - I will put together a Q&A this week, still, and spice it up with a couple of my own questions, too. So if there's anything left anybody wants to know, this is your last chance.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:32 pm