Assassin Quest - Poison Balyn Omauels food
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Assassin Quest - Poison Balyn Omauels food

OK I found his house as well as him outside. I picked the lock and went inside. I found 2 bowls of soup on the table. I belive I am supposed to put 5 (green somethings) into one of the soup bowls. The ingrediants were given to me already so that is not a problem.

What my problem is exactly is how do kill the guy? I put the ingredients into the soup which looks kind of lame (the plants stick out of the soup). Is this right?

Once I do that I need to wait for him to go into the house and eat it..?

So far nothing has happened. Anyone know what's wrong w/me?

Thanks,
- J
Post Sun May 05, 2002 7:38 am
Daudr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm stuck on this one too! I can't even find his house though. Where is it located in Balmora?

Waiting for the answer here too...
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:55 am
jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

He's located at the northeastern part of town. make sure to go around and then check your map. You can highlight over all boxes and see the names. You will notice that Balyn's House will be one of them. Also Balyn is just a bit west of his house near the canal.

Hope this helps!

- J
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:30 pm
AnalFoam

his house is almost next to the spymaster's house, a little more to the riverside. It's on the second floor though ( the door underneath is another house entirely ).
----Minor Quest spoilers----
You'll have a pretty hard time getting in through the front door because balyn is watching. Instead try getting up on the roof, there's a latchdoor.
And something that has taken me a while to grasp : to poison his food, walk up to his cauldron and just press your use key.
-------------------------------

He won't actually die until you've gone back to the morag tong HQ in vivec and talked to the guy who gave you the mission. You'll get a cool enchanted ring from Mephala ( that's the altar you have to talk to btw ).
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:31 pm

jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SWEEET!

Thanks,
- J
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:19 pm
nitero

yeah

Something i found was the dudes house and the name you are given are different ( a spelling error i assume) so the name on the house is really similar but NOT exactly what is given to ya, that threw me for a loop too....
Post Sun May 05, 2002 7:22 pm

Daudr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I did it!

Best to enter in from the trap door on top, otherwise you'll probably get caught trying to pick the front door. Once inside you will see "Baylen's Cauldron." Activate that and it will ask you if you want to put the leaves in his pot!

You get a really nice reward when you go back and talk to Taros again too.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 8:16 pm
Naut

Hrm. What's the name of the stuff you're supposed to poison him with? I seem to have accidentally sold mine along the way and can't figure out what to use. :/

Thanks for any help.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:53 pm

Ravan Kerymeth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was wondering...with the Morag Tong's "rules" of not killing anyone you don't have a writ for, *especially* a member of the guild, do you think doing this quest will result in the eventual wrath or extermination from the guild? I can't tell if the guy who gives you the quest is actually working with the guild or plotting against it....any thoughts or confirmations?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:46 am
Aizan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good point Ravan. I was suspicious of this guy myself, as I talked to him and got the quest before I even joined the guild. Then when I read the rules I started to wonder why I'd be assigned to kill a fellow brother when the rules state there is none of that regardless of rank. I don't see how this guy could have the power to give out an assassination of a fellow guild member unless the said target had been expelled beforehand. Even after, I'd assume that only the Grandmaster(?) would be allowed to give such an order, as he seems to be the one to hand out the writs (not positive, just joined the guild). I still haven't done the quest yet as I just joined Morag Tong. I'm deciding whether or not to hold off on this now and see what my rise in the guild's status will bring.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:47 am
Ravan Kerymeth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've decided to wait this one out. I have a bad feeling about the guy who gives you the quest, and I'm going to look for a chance to expose him for the honorless traitor he is...his death will be particularly satisfying
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:51 am
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm going nuts! Where the hell is Taros Dral? I poisoned Balyn Omavel (which I'll probably regret - I wonder if I can get in there and take the poison before he comes home), but I forgot where I got the quest. I'm 99% sure it's in Vivec somewhere, but I can't find that goddamned Morag Tong Shrine. I even went to the trouble of writing EVERYONE'S name down and where they're located in Vivec, and I still can't find the bastard.

By the way, the journal in this game is really starting to piss me off! It would help immensly if it actually gave the location of where you met a particular person. "In Vivec" just don't cut it. I'm trying to tie up a bunch of loose ends (mini-quests) before I embark on the main one, which I've just been given a info about. I've already got a few dozen papers scattered around the place. I think it's time to invest in a real notebook.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:17 am
Seth

quote:
Originally posted by Naut
Hrm. What's the name of the stuff you're supposed to poison him with? I seem to have accidentally sold mine along the way and can't figure out what to use. :/

Thanks for any help.

bump

same problem here.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:24 am