Akbaa ending (possible spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
BramMeijer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Akbaa ending (possible spoiler)

Killing Akbaa? I can't seem to manage that..... I've been hacking away for the best part of a a 1/2 hour (including summoned monsters), but he doesn't budge. He now sits more or less still at the door, but he just won't die. I am running out of life juice, so..
What am I doing wrong??

How is that !@#$% killed?

Bram
(mind you, the trainer doesn't help - he dies, but nothing happens. No film, closed doors etc.)
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:35 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

An approach to deal with him depends on type of your character and what weapon you have. Also there was a thread sometime ago devoted to this topic.

Good luck
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:28 am
toddhd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Me too

I'm there too, and having an awful time. I tried casting an anti-magic spell when I am right near him, but it doesn't seem to matter, he keeps casting spells right through it (damn lightning spells).

I also tried casting a bless/armor/speed right before approaching him, but the anti-magic spell then knocked all those out! Ugh.

Funny, I never see him summon any demons, unless they are behind me maybe... I'm too busy slashing away to look around so far.

Any more tips from those that have beaten him? I read the old thread you mentioned (I think I found the one anyway) obviously some more tips are needed...

Thanks!
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:47 pm
toddhd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Got him

Well, I finally defeated Akbaa. Found some more posts I had missed before. It was too easy really...

I ended up running up one of the sloped pillars. Akbaa and his demon just walked to the center of the room and stood there like idiots. I pulled out my non-magical bow, and my non-magical arrows, and shot at him something like 30 times, and he dropped.

I have to admit, it was really a dissapointing ending on several levels. It was sad that I was sent on this huge mission to make "the perfect weapon" which was the "only thing that could destroy him" only to nail him with a bow. And my bow skills suck.

The end cut scene was poor too. After watching about 10 minutes of video when I discovered the secret of the king's daughter (yada yada) I was expecting at least an equally detailed ending. Nada. Boom. You're done, let's go. Not even so much as a "Thank you".

Oh well, all in all, it was fun. Maybe JoWood will make enough cash off of this one to make a much higher quality title next time.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:34 pm
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Got him

quote:
Originally posted by toddhd
Oh well, all in all, it was fun. Maybe JoWood will make enough cash off of this one to make a much higher quality title next time.

I am just hoping that the "much higher quality title" will be Arx Fatalis 2 )
Actually Arkane Studios is thinking about a sequel so that could be good...
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:45 pm
TheDave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think the final fight with Akbaa is IMPOSSIBLE!

I've hitted him with the 2 handed meteor sword dozens of times....
I've also tried with a bow: I've hitted him not less than 100 times! (I'm sure much more!)
He never dies....
I've used 30 life potions....
I can't kill him.
Can someone help me before I uninstall the game and throw it out of the window?
Thanks.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:59 pm
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: I think the final fight with Akbaa is IMPOSSIBLE!

quote:
Originally posted by TheDave
I've hitted him with the 2 handed meteor sword dozens of times....
I've also tried with a bow: I've hitted him not less than 100 times! (I'm sure much more!)
He never dies....
I've used 30 life potions....
I can't kill him.
Can someone help me before I uninstall the game and throw it out of the window?
Thanks.

That sounds quite strange actually...
What level are you? How did you build up your character? A mage or a warrior? If you could talk about these I think we could help a little more efficiently. But if there is ABSOLUTELY no way for you to kill him there is a small 'bug' also that will kill him in one/two minutes, but I don't want to spoil it for you just yet!

Let me know your stats!
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:55 pm
TheDave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried to develop a mage. Anyway here are my stats (including bonuses from armour and rings):

LEVEL: 8

ST: 18
INT: 16
DEX: 10
COS: 9

CASTING: 91
DEFENSE: 83
CLOSE COMBAT: 58

AC: 95
MAG. RES: 68
POIS. RES: 42
HP: 90
MANA: 144
DAMAGE: 48

I've tried with almost every spell. negate magic, paralyze, speed, bless, armour. Nothing to do...
It's very strange. It can't be so hard....
Maybe a bug? Don't know what to think...
If you can help me, plese do it!

Thanks
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:14 pm
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You should be strong enough as a mage so some fireballs + life drain combo should do the trick!
Also, did you get Lord Inut's Magic Bow? While your dexterity isn't very high that bow is quite efficient.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:03 pm
TheDave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No way...
I've tried everyrthing
I start thinking that my savegame is bugged... (anyway I've also tried to load from another one but it's the same...)
The yeslick were easy to kill for me, but this is impossible... I've hitted him with fireballs and more then 20 times with the 2 handed meteor sword (many times with double damage) but he doesn't die. I really don't know what to think... I also killed the dragon quite easily...
If you can tell me the trick I could try it.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:32 pm
TheDave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Either my game or my savegame is bugged!!
I'm sure!
I managed to be in a certain position where he standed in front of me without doing anything: I've hitted him more than 50 times with the meteor sword, 5 fireballs and nothing happened!
He loses blood, but he doesn't die!
If someone could send me a savegame just before the final fight I could try with that.
Thanks
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:00 pm
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Uninstalled and deleted all the save files unfortunatly.

I had no problems whatsoever to kill him though, the first time I didnt know what to expect so I died that time of course, but I got him on the second try, but it took me a long time, think I killed at least 10 of his summoned demons in the mean time. I didnt use any spells whatsoever except speed a couple of times and healing ofc.

But it does take a _LOT_ of hits. I didnt keep any count, but its possible it took something like 100 hits.

Obviously wearing shield from the rebel camp aswell as the armour of one of the quickis guarding him outside helps a lot.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:10 pm