Morrowind Add-On Idea
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Morrowind Add-On Idea

Wouldn't it be neat if Bethesda would sell continent add-ons to this game after a while? Like, the engine is already there, they should have gotten a little experience with the construction kit (which should shorten development time considerably) and the programming language (for the scripts) is already there. The next continent shouldn't take as long to create, if they ever were to decide to create another one.

Imagine going to your favourite local software dealer and finding:

Elder Scrolls 3: Daggerfall Add-On
Elder Scrolls 3: Sentinel Add-On
Elder Scrolls 3: Wayrest Add-On

Just add a huge ship in one of the towns in Morrowind and off we go! A large overhead quest taking you from gameworld to gameworld once you had gotten all the add-ons would be neat too.. *drool*

Ok, ok, this will never happen but a guy can dream, can't he?
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:19 pm
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thats what i was thinking too, they could make HUGE landmasses, and maybe they are, methinks.

Anyway, I have an idea for an new class that entails some tweaking

the FALCONER-in this class, you'd be a Nord with a mighty intelligence factor, and youd be in control of the niftiest cliff-racer around(with added abilities, of course). you could also add in a falcon "School" or something, make it of Telvanni origin, much like the balmora zoo plugin.
there'd have to be some tweaks on the cliff-racer skin. make it more agile, and a better sound than "eeek, eeek"

this would be the shite
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:48 pm
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

You might want to check out the Tamriel Rebuilt project.
I don't know much about the Elder Scrolls world, but from what I've gathered they are currently focussing on the Morrowind provinces...

Meow...
Arhu
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:16 pm
L_U_D_W_I_G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So, once you have made that "Falcon" mod, you can create a NPC with his own "animals," then you can script it to stage "cock-fights" between your birds, to see which one rocks... Oh wait... I guess cock-fighting is illegal, so you would therefore have to be sick and twisted to subject your cliff racer to a lifestyle of violence. Oh well, back to killing innocent people in their own homes...

-
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:16 pm
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hehe, you could have the guy at the counter say, "speak, traveler"
that never gets old, does it...speak traveler....i got all my friends saying it now...speak traveler
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:21 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

for some wierd reason which I cant even begin to understand my friends started saying "Die s'wit" to my face. Could it be coz I deleted their morrowind saves on school computers?

They forced me to listed Kwama Forager "walking" sound for 3 hours!
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:42 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Arhu
You might want to check out the Tamriel Rebuilt project.
I don't know much about the Elder Scrolls world, but from what I've gathered they are currently focussing on the Morrowind provinces...

Meow...
Arhu

Well, player made mods in all its glory.. I really would prefer to have "professionally" made mods.. Not mods.. Add-Ons! I would gladly pay for them too!

It would be so much fun to see more colourful lands than Morrowind. I've read a few books in the game that mention rain forests and green meadows. That's the kind of thing I would like to see in an add-on. Also, imagine the capitol castles of Sentinel and Wayrest with this new graphics engine.. They would be awesome!
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:40 pm
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

I agree that usually professional, official add-ons tend to be better than anything fans can do in their free time can do... But I also believe it's very well possible for homemade mods to surpass the original game.

A new and better engine, however... that would be really spiffy!

Meow...
Arhu
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:11 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Arhu
A new and better engine, however... that would be really spiffy!

Meow...
Arhu

I don't think the game engine is bad. All they have to do is optimize it. It needs to stop drawing graphics that cannot be seen, to improve fps and that memory leak HAS TO BE STOPPED. (It is driving me insane). Oh, and they could also make the girls in the game prettier to look at.. I've only found one semi-attractive girl in the entire game.. An imperial officer in Gnisis. Uniforms turns me on!
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:20 pm