View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Eccentricity
Dungeon Siege Editor
Dungeon Siege Editor

Darker Shades of Red: DS-2 Siegelet Project

A DSoR Logo (Elrissa in the center)

We have been very busy constructing node sets for the Darker Shades of Red siegelet for the upcoming Dungeon Siege II. We will have a Dungeon Siege II beta test release sometime in May and, after testing, will begin bringing our new content and characters in game. There are far too many images for me to post here but they can be seen on our project site linked above. I will post a few images here as well as samples of our music composed by our project composer, Justin R Durban. The soundtrack alone will exceed 700MB making this the largest soundtrack ever placed in a game. Approximately 200 pieces of music are completed so far as well as the complete storyline.

Music:
(All music composed by Justin R Durban, DSoR Composer with vocals by LindsayAnne Klemm, DSoR Vocalist/Composer.)

DSoR: Opening Theme
DSoR: The King
DSoR: The Queen
DSoR: The Dark Sorceress
DSoR: The Peasants
DSoR: The March of the Beast
DSoR: The Moment of Truth
DSoR: Fallen Friends
DSoR: Little Scavengers, Part 1
DSoR: Passion
DSoR: The Messenger
DSoR: The Ascent of Mount Angelica
DSoR: Fallout
DSoR: Ice Caves 01
DSoR: End Credits {A Song for the Lonely} Cher appears courtesy of the Time Warner Corporation

Many more music mp3's are available at our project site. Now for some node-set models and images. The difference which the inclusion of shader tech makes is rather obvious:

Tree Dwelling

Elrissa the Summoner's humble abode.

Home: Town of Haven

Building Interior in the capital city.

Haven Castle and port.

A high polygon Character Model (22,000 polygons, 14,500 vertices).

Elrissa's home from another angle

Last edited by Eccentricity on Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:48 pm; edited 11 times in total
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:09 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Baaah!

I cant see the pictures, but WOW! on the music ammount, nice.
Looking forward to may

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:22 am
Eccentricity
Dungeon Siege Editor
Dungeon Siege Editor

Ill have the links back up shortly. Was moving some stuff around on the server and they broke.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I agree, the music is very good. Some of the links are broken though.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Eccentricity
Dungeon Siege Editor
Dungeon Siege Editor

More to add

OK. Got the material moved and the links repaired. I will post some additional music and images as well as a brief overview of the story:

DSoR - The Power Cher appears courtesy of the Time Warner Corporation

DSoR - Battle for the Plains

DSoR - Images

DSoR - Imperial Guard

DSoR - Knights of Aranna

DSoR - Angels

And a few models:

A Ship (Obviously)

A node set

Node Set

She is 24,000 Polys & 12,000+ vertices.

Now before anyone jumps in here and says: "Hey! You can't use characters with a poly count that high!" ...... Let me assure you that we can not only use them but we can use them with very little performance hit. How? Well, we aren't telling that just yet. Think "Divide and Conquer!"

A little about the story:

DSoR has a huge storyline. So far, around 700 pages of dialogue (Microsoft Word format, 10pt font). This is not a hack'n'slash project. It is a role playing game. If hack'n'slash is all you want then it won't be for you.

The story focuses on Azunai the Defender and his quest to find the woman he has seen in his dreams since he was a young boy. It is a quest which will take him into battle with Zaramoth the Unmaker and, eventually, cost him his life.

It is a love story with rpg elements which will be released in Chapters throughout Dungeon Siege II and Dungeon Siege III over a 7 year period. It does not focus on the battle between Azunai and Zaramoth that you may have read about at the GPG official website. It focuses on the years before and the events which lead up to this fateful battle on the Plain of Tears.

The project will feature many movie sequences like what was seen in the DS-2 trailers. The player will have choices in how he responds to and interacts with the NPC's and other characters in the game. You will have a lot of free will to abuse as in Morrowind but be careful how you use it as killing the wrong person can render the game unfinishable.

The game will be a continuing story and it will pick up in the second chapter where you left off in the first. This will be accomplished via questbits which will store your choices in the first game and start you in the second one based on the way the first ended. No two games will end the same.

A lot of money is being spent in the development and distribution of this project. The filesize for chapter one alone will be in the neighborhood of 1.5 GB. It will be unlike any project you have seen produced for Dungeon Siege to date and much of it's production is being done by professional studios (i.e. movie sequences).

We are also making some drastic changes to summons. DSoR summons will closely resemble summons from Final Fantasy 10 rather than DS summons. They will be massive hit and run weapons which do incredible damage. They will not be walking around behind your party looking silly.

Anyhow, that's about it for now. I will probably be erecting a project site here at RPGDOT soon and more information can be obtained there. I have closed my current project site for a redesign of the theme. I hope to reopen it here in time.

Keep an eye on SiegeDot as well. You might see some drastic changes coming in the amount of content hosted there as well as the DS forums.
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:00 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

WOW

Now with the pictures and everything...this is impressive

Much Respect.
Since that Siege Editor confuses the hell outta me...guess Im built to play not make

And ^this^ Im looking forward to playing

Hopefully 2 months....

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 am
Eccentricity
Dungeon Siege Editor
Dungeon Siege Editor

quote:
Originally posted by Pepto
WOW

Now with the pictures and everything...this is impressive

Much Respect.
Since that Siege Editor confuses the hell outta me...guess Im built to play not make

And ^this^ Im looking forward to playing

Hopefully 2 months....

Dungeon Siege 2 beta testing starts in two months...not the release of the siegelet. However, we will start bringing our content in-game at that time. DSoR (Chapter 1) is scheduled for release in Mid 2007 with a new chapter every 6 to 12 months afterward.
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 am
Eccentricity
Dungeon Siege Editor
Dungeon Siege Editor

Additions

Just a few:

Here is a short movie of the original Haven Castle (which has been redesigned now):
DSoR Haven Castle Movie

New music:

DSoR - Wartorn Wastelands
DSoR - King of the Wastelands
DSoR - Wastelands Raid
DSoR - Destined to Fail

More models:

DSoR - Haven House Interior (The rock and wood house posted above)

DSoR - A dungeon entrance

A building under construction (still low poly)
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:49 pm
Tharidos13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi all

First. THANKS ECC for placing all those images.

I see my work is going ahaed off me for thoose who do not know me......i'm the DSoR 3D Coordinator. If some has question about the 2d/3d design etc for ds or maybe some other games as well..... don't hasitate to ask me

DSoR 3D Coordinator and Designer

try www.tharidos.com
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's certainly looking good!
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:04 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Wow, quite impressive. Especially the set of polygons on that one female model
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:03 am