Thief: Deadly Shadows - AI Patch Coming Soon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

Thief: Deadly Shadows - AI Patch Coming Soon

The Adrenaline Vault is <a href="http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=692004-141148" target="_blank">reporting</a> that Eidos has confirmed the existence of the infamous AI bug (read about it <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10077&newsid=29347" target="_blank">here</a>), and a patch for the PC version should be available soon.
<br>
<br>
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:38 pm

Ah yes, but what about the Xbox version. WHAT ABOUT THE XBOX VERSION??!
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:39 pm

Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

<Simpsons_voice>Ha ha!</Simpsons_voice> ...XBox
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:19 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

My guess is that nothing will be done for already sold XBOX games. As far as I know console games cannot be patched. There are people from consoles who argue that it is an advantage (releases with less bugs), IMHO it is not. A bug free program/game is just a holy grail (unachievable in reality). If it was some plot stopping bug, they would probably make new medias. But here they can say it is still playable. Just the difficulty setting does not work as it should. Having PC has its advantages - there it is easy to fix it with a patch .

Perhaps they will make fix for XBOX when making next batch of medias for XBOX (but again - this will not help people who already bought the game).

Mirek
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:58 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

@Guest,

I suppose it could be advantage, at least fewer companies will make beta testers from XBox gamers.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:18 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
@Guest,
I suppose it could be advantage, at least fewer companies will make beta testers from XBox gamers.

It is not problem for me. I usually play the game some time after it was published (so I already have all patches etc.).
Anyway: I am rather distrusful of that idea of "bug free" console games. Yes, they must have better testing, but still: as a software developer I know that bugs are just fact of life. It is possible to reduce them, but not eradicate. I guess that a lot of that "bug free" impression about consoles is caused by the fact that people do not talk about console bugs, unless they are real plot stoppers.
PC users are less satisfied and also more informed, so they go complaining to the game forum/support and want a patch. Console users know that there is no point in doing it, so they are quiet unless it is a really *big* think.

Mirek
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:08 pm